Chapter 23

The team arrived in Tokyo and Daichi had to wake half the team up. They all got off the bus to be greeted by Nekoma.

“Finally got your team to stop yelling”? Kuroo said to Daichi. Karasuno's captain frowned.

“It’s complicated”. The two captains watched their teams talk with one another.

Tanaka was too out of it to talk to Yamamoto, Lev and Kenma stayed away from Hinata, who stared down anyone who went near him and Noya.

Yaku and Sugawara were quietly talking, spilling the drama on the team.

Yaku nodded and reined in all the first and second years that were cowering behind him from Hinata.

“Why’s Hinata glaring like that”? Inuoka shivered.

“What’s up with their number 4”? Lev asked, while also trying(key word: trying) to hide behind Yaku.

“Well obviously I don’t know”! The libero said.

“Oh right”.

“But you were talking with Sugawara right”? Fukunaga said.

“Surprisingly, he doesn’t know either,” Yaku turned and walked away, followed by the group.

Kenma split off and stood beside Kuroo. “Jeez, what happened to your team”? Kuroo asked.

“We had a problem with a teammate going missing, he got back yesterday,” Daichi said.

“Shoyo told me it was Nishinoya,” Kenma said.

“It was,” Daichi confirmed. “He won’t be playing”.

“Why not”? Kuroo asked, confused. “He got hurt,” Kenma answered, tapping his phone. “No video games while we’re with the other team”!

Karasuno walked inside to the room where they’d be staying for the next 5 days.

They all found spots, most of the couples laying beside each other.

Tsukishima beside Yamaguchi, Ennoshita beside Tanaka, Suga and Daichi, Kinoshita and Narita.

That left Hinata sleeping across from Asahi and in between Kageyama and Noya.

Nishinoya finished laying his bed and fell onto his pillow.

He should’ve stayed in Miyagi.

He didn’t feel like dodging all these people and constantly feel like running away. He turned over and stared at the ceiling.

The team was all in the room but Noya drowned them out.

No noise was going to kill the silence in his head yet.

Speaking of silence, Noya wondered if his house was like now that he was gone.

Was it quiet and empty feeling?

Was his mother even still there?

Maybe she had up and left or died cause she can barely take care of herself.

You left her.

She doesn’t know how to cook.

She’s going to die because of you.

Murderer”.

Well there goes Noya’s silence.

He rolled his body to off the bed and he left the room with so much as a glance from anyone.

Walking down the hallway, he heard the other teams also getting their rooms set up.

He passed Nekoma’s room, then Fukurodani, followed by Shinzen and Ubugawa.