Chapter 26

Nishinoya woke up the next day and knew it would be a bad day.

His body felt like it was glued to his bed and his mind felt tired. He shouldn't be tired, though he wasn't exactly sure if he had even slept or not.

The team was getting up, from what Noya heard.

He didn't have to look at them to know they were getting ready for their practice matches.

Nishinoya let his body decide that he'd stay in bed. He was useless to the team right now anyway.

The room got quiet and Nishinoya was left alone, forevermore stuck in place with no way out.

Noya closed his eyes and willed for sleep to come.

It didn’t.

He laid in the same position he had been in since collapsing in the bed last night and thought back to what happened.

What did happen?

Noya was pretty sure he had lost his best friend. Knowing that, getting up seemed pointless.

No one liked him and wouldn’t care if he stayed there.

Maybe he’d eventually get up but Noya knew he would just to make his team not worry.

The door behind him opened and someone walked in. It was too much effort to look.

“Hey Noya”. Nishinoya slid his gaze from the wall to Kinoshita.

He saw the sympathy in his friends eyes and wanted to scream. He didn’t need pity. The whole thing was his fault anyway.

“I brought you some breakfast”. The number seven placed a tray next to Noya.

The libero ignored it and burrowed deeper into the blankets.

“At least eat some of it, you don’t want to be hungry”.

Yes I do, I deserve nothing” Kinoshita sighed when Noya didn’t answer and gently touched the other’s hair.

“The team loves you Noya, remember that” Kinoshita smiled softly. He withdrew his hand and left the room.

Nishinoya looked at the food before him and turned over to his other side.

He refused to eat it. 
-----------
Hinata was having a terrible morning.

Well it started last night when he heard Tanaka and Nishinoya’s conversation that ended with both his friends in tears.

No matter how hard they both tried to cover up their sobs, neither succeeded, resulting in the rest of the volleyball team to worry all night.

No one knew what they talked about besides Hinata and most likely Ennoshita.

Though there were some guesses that were probably horribly wrong.

Near the middle of breakfast, Hinata watched Kiyoko hand Kinoshita a plate and sent him out of the room.

Nishinoya had yet to come through the door so Shoyo assumed that the food was for him.

“Good luck trying to get him to eat” Hinata mumbled before shoving food in his mouth.

“What did you say”? Kageyama asked, thinking he was talking to him.

“Nufing” Hinata said with his mouth full.

Once breakfast was over, the team was preparing for a match against Fukurodani.

Hinata couldn’t help but feel a little excited that they’d get to face Bokuto’s team.
———
503 words

Sorry for keeping you guys waiting
This is what I managed to scrap up for you

I'm having writers block with this and I feel like my writings going downhill

But I'll try to write you guys another chapter by next week

Thank you for your support tho😘