Dance Date

DUN DUN DUN DUN

CHAPTER SIXTY: Jack White

"What are you making?" I turned around to see Jake leaning against the doorframe, smirking amusedly at me.

I ignored him and began sprinkling some cheese on the pizza.

"Making pizza? I'll have five slices." Jake said as he came up to me. "That looks good. Can't wait."

"These aren't for you, moron." I said as I put the pan into the oven. "Get your butt out of here."

Jake rolled his eyes at me. "I live here too, you know."

"Temporarily. You have your own place now."

He waved me off. "Whatever. You come at my house nearly everyday but you never see me complaining."

"Used to."

"Yeah, why aren't you hanging by anyway?" When I didn't answer, he made a guess. "It's about that Finn girl, isn't it?" I didn't reply. "And the pizzas for her, isn't it?"

"You're a pain in my ass. And yes, it's for her so you better shut your big mouth since she knows Grandma made these for her."

Jake grinned at me. "Okay. Aww, little Jack is in love!"

I chucked the bottle of mustard at him. "Shut up, moron!"

His grin just grew bigger as he skipped out of the room. "JACK IS IN LOVE! JACK IS IN LA-LA-LA-LA-LA LOVE!"

• • • • •

The next morning, I spotted Finn talking to Gabriel by the front entrance. They seem to be a lot closer lately...

"Hey, Jack, right?" Finn's friend, Kim smiled as she waved her hand in front of my face. I nodded. "You're staring at my friend." she stated and followed my gaze. I kept my mouth shut. "Why don't you just talk to her?"

I shot her a look. "Why should I? She seems to be in some fun time with that guy. Wouldn't want to interrupt."

Kim laughed for a while, clutching her stomach. I had to stop myself from walking away and leaving her there.

"What?" I snapped. "What's funny?"

She was sort of finished by then, but still snickering, shaking her head. "You sound jealous."

No shit. "I'm not. Why should I be?"

"Gab's gay, you know. I thought you already knew that."

I shook my head, feeling like an idiot. "I didn't."

"Well, that explains it." she said then gave me a little push. "Go talk to her." Then she walked away.

I sighed and watched as she disappeared through the crowd of students.When she reached what seemed like her squad, she looked at me once more, gesturing me frantically to Finn's direction.

I rolled my eyes at her and finally made my way to Finn.

But then, I was keeping my gaze on the trees that I accidentally ran into her.

"Look who's here." the Gab guy said, grinning mischievously, looking at me and Finn. "Prince Charming. Finn's knight in a shining armor."

Finn snorted. "He's actually Snow White."

I narrowed my eyes at her. "Stop calling me that."

I actually liked it.

She grinned at me, rocking on the balls of her feet. "Never."