Magazines and Posters

CHAPTER EIGHT: Finn Parker

I was waken up by the loud thuds that was constantly beating up my window around three am. If I was just watching movies, staying up later, I would scared enough to shit in my pants but now, I was boosting with fury and impatience that I actually think I could strangle Hulk with one hand.

Cursing and vowing to behead that little shithead when I face him, I stomped my way to the window with a used fork as a weapon.

"Show your face, you little piece of shit, how dare you mess up with my sleep?" I whisper-yelled. My Mom took words very sharply.

"I never pictured you as a mouthy one," a guy I wasn't familiar with grinned at me as he shifted on my Mom's oak tree's branch. One mistake, he'd kill himself with the twenty-foot fall.

"Well I am to idiots who just randomly shows up to my house three in the fucking morning." I spat, glowering at the guy.

"Hey, Mark!" Kim's voice called down below. "Got her yet?"

The guy who is now known as Mark glanced at me with an amused smile. "Nah. She's being difficult." I barely recognized Kim's older brother in the dark. Besides, he already goes to college.

I gawked at him. "Oh am I?" Then I turned to Kim. "What the hell are you doing down here anyway? The sun is still sleeping so why can't I?"

Kim's nature-green eyes narrowed. "You little cow! How could you forgot?"

"Forget what?"

In front of me, Mark chuckled. I threw my fork at him.

"Ow!" he bellowed dramatically. "What the- she threw a fork at me! Kim! She threw a fork at me!"

"Shut up, Mark." she hissed at her brother. "It's our road trip, you idiot. And I texted you last night, made it clear that there was a change of plans. We're skipping school today."

No school. That seemed to lessen my grouchiness a bit.

But I couldn't help but feel moody.

"What, can't we do it around nine or something?" I asked, determine to go back to the toasty comfort of my sheets.

"No. Apparently, birthday boy wants to see the sun rise while we ride his cousin's convertible."

Wow. Convertible? "That's stupid." I muttered. "Anyway, I thought we're riding your uncle's RV?"

"Yeah. That too. But whatever. The point is, come down here in five or no s'mores for you tonight."

I jumped, alert. "I'll be there."

+++++

"There's the good girl." Mark teased as a greeting when I finally got myself out of my house that morning. I had a backpack with me and a little sports bag unlike Kim, who brought suitcases.

"What? I like to be prepared." she had said when I asked her one time. "Like you. You and your zombie apocalypse fantasies."

"Shut up, asshole, you'll pay for this." I swore under my breath as I dumped my shit into the storage room of the RV.

"Words, Parker, watch it," Kim said in a stern tone.

Mark snickered. "Yes, Mom." I muttered.

Once we got our stuff ready, we got the RV hooked up to the convertible. Mark was on the driver's seat while Kim and I got stuck in the back.

"I thought Tyler's coming. Along with Ethan and this dude that's tagging along. Where are they?"

Kim hummed to a pop song that was blasting on the radio. I wouldn't be surprised if we get pulled over by playing music too loud four in the morning.