Wishes

CHAPTER THIRTY: Jack White

Going to a high school outside was not my idea. Since elementary school, I wished I was homeschooled. Obviously, that didn't happen.

It was Grandma Esther's idea. When I was in daycare, I wasn't exactly the funniest or coolest kid on the planet so I just stayed with Allie. But she, on the other hand, is like a big bright star of charm and smiles. On the first, people immediately liked her. Threw themselves on her to be her best friend. Of course Allie accepted the offer the first second it happened.

I would and had been that kid who sits by himself, color and draw on a quiet corner, and screwing playtime. I had a gameboy back at my house, the very last thing they ever gave me, so, as sad as it sounds, I wasn't exactly used to actual toys and outdoor games.

Also, I started off with music. I took my first steps with my great grandfather playing the harmonica and my great grandmother playing the cello. I've listened to some duet of those said instruments but nothing could top their performance.

On my first grade, I joined the school's music club. It was actually the only reason why I was eager to go to school. I learned to play violin and some trumpet but playing the bars is my ultimate obsession.

The next year, I was on the school's brass band. I held both percussion and trumpet. I switched places when I needed to fill up for someone. But if you ask me what I like the most between the two, I won't answer that so don't ask.

Allie, however, is more of an academic achiever. She aced all her subjects, was always on the with high honor list and was a president of the science club and math club for kids outside school.

We were different. Still are. She's a nerd and I'm lazy ass when it comes to notes and textbooks. She can't blow a single note on a trumpet or do a drum roll, but I was the first choice when it comes to subs.

Despite our different likes and interests, there always has been one thing we enjoyed together besides lounging around the house, playing video games and annoying each other.

We annoyed people.

Since she was the smart one, she got to make all plans and our route and all that kind of stuff. While I do all the props, things we needed and make sure to take us there. Other words: I was her servant and her liar.

But I liked it that way. I liked screwing with the world with her. It was always our favorite thing to do. But when she died, it was all gone.

Without Allison, I was a nobody. Since preschool, she was always the one to be there with me even I yelled at her to leave me alone. She never did by the way. Except she annoyed me more.

I always thought that living life without her doing all kind of shit beside me, would be nothing. So I always do it. Feel it on my neck. Feel it on my wrist. And wished they weren't there. Beating and pumping on my body. I wished it was on hers. She deserved every single ounce of oxygen I'm breathing right now than I do. Nobody needs me. But everyone needs a person like her. And they lost the perfect example.

I still remember our very first prank. I was six and she was five. I had no idea how she came up with it, where it even came from.

Our parents were still there, happily married, the most amazing parents I could ever dream of. They always agreed to go along with us. Well, except bad stuff, I mean, obviously.

Anyway, they didn't know we were going to do it. The plan was go to her friend's rooftop on the other side of the village - the busier part - and drop paint-filled balloons over people's head. It was funny, it was epic, hilarious, but most of all, it was amusing as fuck.