Carrots

CHAPTER FORTY-THREE: Finn Parker

"So, how was the date?" Gabriel asked the next morning on soccer practice.

I glared at him. "It was not a date."

He rolled his eyes. "Whatever. What did you guys do?" He emitted excitement like a unicorn poops rainbows. "Make out? Oh my God! Did you make it to second base? Or was it third already? Jesus, this is too much for me to-"

"No, so shut the hell up!" I hissed as I slapped a hand over his mouth. "We ate, walked around, and that's all!"

Gabriel giggled. "I don't believe you."

"Then don't." I said as I went to jog around the field.

Last night wasn't as eventful as I thought it would be. I paraded around like Spiderman, and Jack trailed behind dressed as Gwen. It was his idea, obviously, and on the way home he kept on complaining about the attention.

So much of an idiot, let me tell you.

I forced him out of my head and proceeded into practicing some chipping and crossing the ball to the goal.

"Hey, care for some grapes?" Shawn offered a topper ware with fresh grapes in it. I sailed a ball right into the goal and turned to get a handful.

"You know, you could use a break." he said as he tossed me a water bottle.

I eyed him weirdly. "You didn't spit on this, did you?"

He shook his head with a chuckle. "Nah. If I wanted a french kiss with you, I knew you'd gladly give me."

"Yeah, and after that you'll have to live the rest of your life without a tongue."

He shuddered. "Gee, thanks for the image."

"You're welcome."

"So, there's a game Friday night." Shawn said as I juggled the ball with my knee.

"What? I didn't know. And I don't even know what my position is yet."

"Coach will announce it later, I think."

"Exciting."

He frowned. "Aren't you psyched?"

"Who told you I'm not?" I did some dribbling tricks I learned from Ronaldo.

"No one. Nice skills. Where'd you learn that?"

I kicked the ball upwards and caught it. "Just watched him do it on videos and tried to do it on my own."

He nodded. "Impressive."

Blondie jogged over us with a huge smile on his face. "Hey guys, talking about something interesting?" he looked at each one of us before talking again. "What? Boobs? Girls? Butts? What?"

Shawn shoved him. "Get lost, Bryan."

"What? No." he pushed him away and nodded at me. "What's up, princess?"

"Please don't call me that."

He smirked. "It's what I refer you to."

"Okay. Whatever you say, Blondie."

Shawn snickered while 'Bryan' just took in what I called him.

"Um, what the hell did you just call me?"

"Blondie. It's what I refer you to." I flashed him a sweet, fake smile.

"Captain!" Coach shouted from the bleachers. "Get your ass over here!"