26 - Parker

made that meme on the previous chapter

just gotta say that

CHAPTER FIFTY SIX: Finn Parker

"You look like a zombie. Is today really that bad?" Gab poked my cheeks with a pencil and I had nothing to do with it except stabbing it through his eye sockets.

I swatted his hand away as we continued walking around the field. "I don't fucking care. Just leave me fucking alone."

He sighed. "The time. Sucks to be you. Adios, grumpy pants."

• • • • •

"I bought you cookies." Callie announced, throwing a brown bag. I immediately hated it, remembering the brownies from last night.

"Yeah, I got you some blue lemonade." Gabriel chimed in, handing me the extra large cup.

I barely managed to smile but muttered my thanks before walking into the locker room to change into my jersey.

"Hey, Finn." Bryan called across the room. "Come over here. Need to ask you something."

I ignored him and stepped into one of the cubicles.

"Hey, I know you're upset about something but-"

"Shut the fuck up before I rip your throat open with my toes."

He sighed. "Geez, just here to ask your jersey number."

I took a deep breath, trying to cool my head a little bit. "26". Seven was taken by some idiot in the field. So was nineteen and fifteen.

"Got it. Go out in a minute. Coach's here for some announcement."

"Have you gotten Gab's yet?" I asked and got out of the cubicle. "I think it's eleven or something."

Bryan shook his head, his lips twitching into a smile. "Nah, don't need it."

And with that, he went out.

I followed after stuffing my jeans into my sports bag. Sure enough, every single player in the team was gathered around a spot in the field with eager look on their faces.

Shawn spotted me, waving like a madman, irritation evident on his face. "Hurry up, Parker! Wouldn't want to miss this news!"

I rolled my eyes and picked up my pace. "Geez, okay, chill your balls, Baker."

"That goes for the rest of us." someone grumbled.

I stood beside Gabriel and Brennan who paid me no attention, just staring at Coach ahead of us. I had no clue what was going on.

Maybe somebody was going to get kicked out?

Few minutes passed. Nothing. I wondered if Coach really called us up here to just look at his stubble and graying hair.

"Seriously, what are we here for?" I whispered to Brennan who glared at me.

"Shut up." he snapped. "This is the moment of truth."

I chuckled at how dramatic they were being. Then Coach said my name.

"Finn Parker." he said to the team, not even glancing at me. "Finn Parker."

I waved my hands right on his face. "Um, yeah, Coach, I'm standing in front of you."

He smiled and I scanned the guys around me, who was staring at me in curiosity and astonishment. I felt incredibly stupid not knowing what the hell was going on.