How Did We Get Here?

CHAPTER FORTY-FOUR: Finn Parker

"The crunchy ones are the best." Jack said as he picked a sour cream fry from the container.

"No. The soft ones are." I argued.

He shook his head. "Now, now, little marshmallow, the soft ones? That means he is not the right one for you. Or maybe, you're not the right one for him since you failed to please him." he wiggled his eyebrows with a smirk.

"What the fucking hell are you talking about?" I punched his shoulder. He opened his mouth to speak. "Don't answer that."

He chuckled and threw a cheese coated fry into the air to catch it with his mouth. "Damn." he muttered as he watched the fry fall off sixty-five feet below.

"You fry killer." I accused and slapped him with a glow stick.

"No! I'm innocent, I swear!" he gave out a dramatic cry, blocking himself with his hands.

I got an empty bottle of soda and pounded it against the ledge of the building's roof. "Arrest him!"

"Father! Mother!" he yelled in a creepy accent I didn't recognize. "Bloody help!"

I bursted out laughing. "Bloody?" I said between laughter. And that was my work out for the day. "Were you trying to be fucking British?" He nodded. I laughed again.

"What?" he blew off the accent again. "Are you making fun of me, milady? I am a much respected lord in this land."

"Jesus Christ, stop, cut off the accent, you suck." I said as I drank orange soda straight from the bottle.

"Says the girl who can't even do a backflip." he countered.

I scoffed. "That was one time. Try me again."

"But baby you'd be doing backflips when I try you in bed." he said with a suggestive smirk. I pushed him off, and he fell backwards the edge.

"Stop trying to seduce me. It doesn't work, loser." I stuck out my tongue at him.

He got up and brushed off the dust from his navy blue shirt. "Very mature, Parker, very mature."

"Who said I am?" I said. "Bitch, I am Peter Pan's sister!"

"Makes perfect sense."

I tossed the empty Pringles container into the trash bin then licked the cheese powder off my fingertips.

"You're disgusting." he said and eyed me weirdly.

"And you're checking me out." I shot back.

"Someone checking you out?" he said disbelievingly. "What has the world gone to?"

"Same goes to you, White."

He chewed on a brownie and shrugged. "You said you were even checking me out?"

"Just stop talking." I glared at him.

"Go admit it, little marshmallow. You're no match for my awesomeness."

"Your awesomeness?" I mocked. "What has the world gone to?"

He narrowed his eyes at me but smirked anyway. "Very original, Parker."

I took a rubber band from the ground and a small crumpled piece of paper. With those two things together, I'm deadly.

He saw the weapon assembling on my hands and backed away immediately. "You're not shitting me with that, Parker."

I pulled my thumb and index of my left hand through the two loops of the rubber band. With my right hand, I pulled the paper back with massive force.