Soccer and Robots

thank you for reading my book, making it reach over half a thousand views. thank you. a lot.

CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE: Finn Parker

I entered the girls' locker room to put on my cleats and also to change into my gym clothes. Except that I wore my Real Madrid Cristiano Ronaldo's jersey since I'd planned to do the warm-ups today since I missed the entire class yesterday. And I think it would give me a bit of luck which I really needed.

"Soccer?" Callie asked when I was just tying the laces on my cleats. It was worth sevety dollars, an Adidas Nitrocharge 3.0 fg. It was black with a bit of white streak and a pale peachy streak. I wasn't fan of light or pastel colors but hey, seventy dollars? I think that calls for it.

"No. I'm planting a vegetable garden." I deadpanned as I grabbed my soccer ball. "Have you seen Gabriel?"

Callie pointed to the bleachers where Gabriel was currently putting on his own cleats. His costed a a hundred ten before but it went down to eighty-eight dollars. It was an f30 fg Messi cleats from Adidas as well.

I jogged over him, dribbling the ball on the process. I got the hang of controlling the ball with my instep, inside and outside of my foot so I tried to variate the parts where I would use to keep the ball rolling.

"Hey, you're getting pretty good at that." Gabriel greeted as he twirled the ball on his finger. After six seconds, it fell. "So, soccer warm-ups today?"

"Yeah. And dribbling and juggling. Let's go."

After Coach Mavericks sent us out to the fields, which were soccer, outdoor basketball and athletics, Gabriel and I headed just a couple steps away from our net to start our drill.

Our warm-ups consisted of push-ups, sit-ups, a shitload of jogging, more push-ups, then dribbling the ball around, juggling with different parts of your body and then jogging. We kept the exercises limited since we already figured out that on real soccer training we'd be working out our asses all day.

I signed up for soccer the day after Mr. Brown talked to me. Gabriel got signed up also. Coach Walters, the soccer trainer and manager, to be honest, was pretty cool and of the idea of a girl joining soccer. I mean, I always wanted it to be but sometimes I just don't.

Yeah, well, that's changing today.

"So, where do we start?" Gabriel asked as he did a bit of juggling with his feet.

I watched as how he easily passed it off to one feet to the other. "I think jogging. Well, it's up to you but I'm beginning with it."

He shrugged. "Okay."

There were a lot of people on the track field doing high jumps and jumping over hurdles. We competed with those as well but it wasn't exactly our school's pride. Basketball was pretty okay for us and in the competitions; we won a couple of times and all that stuff but soccer was the school's ultimate glory.

I don't know why Mark didn't just sign up Gabriel for track or basketball. But hey, I'm not complaining.

There were a couple guys - mostly from the school's team - playing a game of shirts vs. skins on the field. It was getting pretty rough but hey, I can manage with that.

"If we make it to the team, we'd actually be dealing with those dinosaurs." Gabriel said as he kept in pace with me. He was staring at the guys, shoving and tackling each other until it went out on a full-scale fight and then they just laughed their asses off.

God, the world is so confusing.

On Gabriel's jersey there was the number 10 stitched on the back with the name Messi on top of it. It was a Barcelona jersey and I just guess that this was up for some game later on.