BABY PLEASE DON'T GO

CHAPTER FORTY-EIGHT: Finn Parker

"So we won." Brennan walked into the locker room with a grin.

I shrugged. "I think your captain brother did it on purpose."

"Bryan?" he scoffed. "That's fucking impossible. My brother lives to win."

"Yeah, but you're here so he has a reason."

He rolled his eyes and waved me off. "Whatever."

I went into one of the cubicles and changed out of my Luka Modric jersey and into my Neymar.

"Real Madrid to FC? How could you?" Gabriel faked shock. I stuck my tongue out at him. He chuckled. "Somebody's out looking for a certain Parker." e laughed at his own joke.

"You're an idiot. Who is it?" I asked.

"See for yourself."

"Aren't you just the greatest friend in the world?" I muttered and walked out into the field.

Speaking of friends, where is Kim and my pizza?

When I saw no one, I went back into the locker room.

No Gabriel. Well, he was still dead meat.

I stuffed my sweaty jersey into my bag and drank some Gatorade.

"There she is."

I turned around to see Shawn, chewing a potato with Jack beside him.

Um...

I cleared my throat. "Hey uh, where the hell is Brown?" I demanded. "That kid is so dead."

"Chill your tits, Parker. This guy's looking for you." he pointed to Jack who was openly glaring at the his back.

What was his problem?

"Okay, cool. Thanks, Baker."

I grabbed my Chelsea sports bag and walked outside, Jack following behind me.

I stopped, waiting for the slowpoke.

"What are you doing?" he asked, standing a few feet away.

"Feeding a phantom cow. Hurry up. I don't want to be in front or with someone behind me."

He rolled his eyes and handed me a paper bag. We began walking again. "I brought you pizza."

I raised an eyebrow and narrowed my eyes suspiciously. "What did you put in here?"

"Well, there's parmesan, mozzarella, some cheese I can't pronounce, hot sauce, and pepper. And oh, shitload of bacon." I eyed his warily and he shrugged. "Grandma, er - Esther made it. For you."

I nodded my head slowly. "Cool, okay. Thanks."

He stopped by the bike rack as I went on with my first slice.

Once Jack was done with his business, we were off to the street, dragging his bike beside him.

"Why aren't you on?" I asked after a few minutes of curiosity.

He scoffed. "And leave you here?"

I shrugged. "Yeah, it's cool. You can go ahead."

"Shut up and let's just walk."

I glared at him. "You want a punch?"

"Depends on where." he wiggled his eyebrows.

I whacked him in the stomach and bent over, groaning in pain.