I Smell Cheese

i deleted a HUGE part of this chapter up to chapter fifty-nine

i HIGHLY recommend you reading this again just to avoid confusion and shit

thanks

CHAPTER FIFTY-SEVEN: Finn Parker

I swallowed the huge lump that had formed on my throat, my lungs devoid of oxygen, leaving me breathless.

Was he really calling? For real?

Well, obviously I mean...

I cleared my throat, keeping on a cool act. "Yeah, it's Finn. I don't know who you are."

"It's... Dad." his voice cracked on the last word.

Stop the sad, pained fiasco, Philip. Show's over. Take a bow, just like what Rihanna had said.

My chest tightened at the mention of the word. "Philip as in Sleeping Beauty's prince charming or Philip as in the so-called father Parker who left us years ago and is a hell of bastard?"

He sighed, his voice slightly quavering. I got him speechless for a few seconds until he opened that big lying mouth again.

"Finn... I... I'm sorry. Don't think of it like that." he said. "I never wanted to hurt you."

I let out a bitter laugh. "Really? Well, good job! Because I'm just not hurt right now! No, wait - I've been happy for the past four years. Don't worry. I'm not hurt just like you wanted."

Again, it took him a few seconds to respond. And when he did, he sounded shocked and disbelieved. "You're not?"

"I don't even give a fuck." I said angrily. "I don't care what happens to you, what you do, where you end up in, whether you live or die, I don't fucking care!" I shouted then threw the phone to the laundry basket.

Good thing it didn't break.

• • • • •

"I don't know about what they think but you look way more awful today."

That was the first thing I heard the next morning.

I ignored Gabriel, who quickly caught up beside me, talking my ear off.

"I searched up a new muffin recipe." Gabriel said as if he expected me to shit unicorns as a reaction to happiness.

I grunted in response and stuffed my bag into my locker. I'd only need a pencil in life for two reasons. 1. To chew. 2. To stab bitches. More specifically, NICOLE.

So I kept two in my jeans pocket and proceeded to homeroom even though I had fifteen more minutes left.

Kim and Callie soon joined the torture group Gab formed and began bombarding me with questions and stupid statements.

"Experimenting with a zombie look from Michelle Phan, huh, Finn?" Callie commented, looking at me with an amused look on her face. "If you wanted a way with makeup, you should start with something less creepy. I mean, haven't you heard of the saying, 'First impressions stick'?"

"I don't think those are the exact same words." Kim said.

"Yeah, me too." Gabriel agreed.

"But the same thought." Callie defended. "But for real, Finn, what's wrong?"

When I didn't answer, Ethan apparently did.

"Hey, I know you!" he said so loud that half the galaxy probably heard him.

Kim looked at him then at Gabriel. "Gab? How'd you meet him?"

Then Ethan went on with his story.