Book 2 Chapter 4- King's decision

We were currently on our way back from burying the king's son Theodred when the guard who took our weapons came to us to tell us that we could grab our weapons.

We made our way to where the weapons where being held. Gimli got his axe back, then Ada and dad got their weapons back. I was tapping my foot and holding out my hand "I'd like my weapons back please." I said and smiled kindly.

"You're allowed to fight?" the guard asked and I nodded while dad interrupted "You can give her back her weapons." he said. The guard handed me my weapons and I grabbed them back before I put them on me.

I looked at Ada who was trying not to smile and dad who was holding in a laugh. I rolled my eyes at the two "I'm going to go get Luna." I muttered and as I walked away I heard my dad break down into laughter.

I grabbed Luna and made my way back inside where I sat on the floor of the throne room playing with Spirit. Ada was leaning against a pillar with his arms cross, Gimli was eating happily away, dad was sitting across from him smoking his pipe, and Gandalf was sitting in a chair next to the throne.

Two little children were sitting at a table eating hungrily "Where is mama?" the little girl asked and Eowyn shushed her. "There was no warning. They were unarmed. Now the wildmen are moving through the Westfold burning as they go. Rick, cot, and tree." Eowyn said and put a blanket over the children.

They both couldn't have been older then me I noticed. This is but a taste of the terror that Saruman will unleash. All the more important for he is driven by fear of Saruon. Ride out and meet him head on. Drive him away from your women and children." Gandalf told the king.

He put his hand on the King's armrest "You must fight." He said "You have two thousand good men riding north as we speak. Eomer is loyal to you. His men will return and fight for their king." dad informed him.

Theoden got up and walked to the middle of the hall. "They would be three hundred leagues from here by now. Eomer cannot help us." Theoden told us.  Gandalf stood up from his seat to say something, but Theoden cut him off "I know what it is you want of me, but I will not bring further death to my people. I will not risk open war." Theoden said

I noticed the little girl staring at Spirit and I stood up and went over to her "Do you want to pet her? " I asked and she nodded. She hesitantly put her hand on Spirit's head and I smiled gently at her "She won't bite. It's ok." I said and she started to rub her hand on Spirit's head.

"Would you like to hold her?" I asked and she nodded. I handed Spirit to her and Spirit started to lick her. "Thank you!" the girl said and I smiled at her as she handed Spirit back to me.

"Last I looked Theoden, not Aragorn is king of Rohan." The king stated. There was a silence that was broken by Gimli as he slammed a mug of Ale down on the table. "Then what is the king's decision?" Gandalf asked.

"We will make for Helm's deep." The king said.

~~~

"Helm's deep!" Gandalf fumed as we followed close behind Gandalf who was storming down to the stables. "They flee to the mountains when they should stand and fight! Who will defend them if not their king." Gandalf huffed out.

I walked over to Shadow and Athena who had perched herself on the stall door. 

-Aragorn's Pov-

As Legolas, Gimli, and Hope went over to get their horses ready I went with Gandalf to Shadowfax's stall. "He's only doing what he think's is best for his people. Helms deep has saved them in the past." I said to Gandalf.

"There is no way out of that ravine. Theoden is walking into a trap. He thinks he's leading his people to safety, what he will get is a massacre. Theoden has a strong will, but I fear for him. I fear for the survival of Rohan. He will need you before the end. The defenses have to hold " Gandalf replied

He turned to pet Shadowfax saying "The Grey Pilgram. That's what they used to call me. Three hundred lives of men I've walked this earth and now I have no time." Gandalf said before climbing onto Shadowfax

"With luck my search will not be in vain. Look to my coming at first light on the fifth day. At dawn look to the east." Gandalf told me

He looked around before he leaned down to whisper to me "Make sure Saruman doesn't get Hope. He will try to get her. Her father once carried the ring." he whispered and I nodded.

"Go." I said and opened the stall door. Shadowfax ran out and Legolas, Gimli, and Hope had to jump out of the way to avoid getting trampled on.

-Hope's Pov-

I brought Shadow out of the stall and led him out of the stables. I hopped on his back and Athena flew onto my shoulder. I rode next to Ada with Luna next to me and we made our way out of Rohan and to Helm's Deep where there was sure to be a battle.

Vote and comment please! :)