Book 3 Chapter 5- The Battle on the Fields

We stand alone on the shores watching the Corsairs. "You may go no further. You will not enter Gondor." dad says confidently.  The leader addresses dad "Who are you to deny us passage?"

"Legolas fire a warning shot past the Bosun's ear." dad ordered "Mind your aim." Gimli says as Ada prepares to fire. The pirate falls dead and I looked at Ada who was glaring at Gimli as he says "Oh!" and claps a hand to his mouth.

"That's it we warned you prepared to be boarded." Gimli says more seriously making the Corsairs laugh. "Boarded by you and who's army?" one of the Corsairs asks.

Dad looks at the corsairs unruffled by the taunts. "This army." he answered. The king of the dead materializes and charges at the ships. The corsairs recoil and yell in terror. Soon all of the corsairs are dead.

We board a ship. "To Minas Tirith!" dad ordered the ships and with that we set sail. I collapse and lie against the deck. I closed my eyes as the sun hit my face and I sighed.

I feel a hand on my forehead and I look to see Ada "How're you doing?" he asks "Fine." I say "Go to dad." I say smirking and he smiles and ruffles my hair.

Haldir soon joins me and I cuddle into him, Luna comes to me and lays her head on my lap. I close my eyes and soon falls asleep.

***

I was woken up and discovered we were there. We all crouched down "Late as usual! Pirate scum! There's work here that needs doing!" a orc yelled at us. "Come on you sea rats! Get off your ships!" the same orc yelled

We all looked at each other before we all leaped off the side and onto land. "There's plenty for the both of us, may the best dwarf win." Gimli declares to Ada and I smile.

I unsheathe my sword and we start charging along with the ghost army and Luna (Spirit was still on the boat) . I sliced my sword across an orcs chest and it fell to the ground along with my other kills that I had killed with my sword. I counted my kills in my head.

An orc came at me and I sighed as I stepped to the side where my head had been only moments before. I shook my head as I beheaded the orc and the head rolled to my feet. I suddenly felt a pain in my side and looked to see that a arrow had grazed my skin. I sighed and continued fighting.

I suddenly found myself surround by 6 orcs. I pulled out my daggers and threw them at the three orcs in front of  me before I pivoted on my feet and decapitated the three orcs with my sword before turning around and killing a orc that snuck up on me.

I looked up when I heard my dad call Ada's name and bellowing. I saw Mumakil or in the common tongue Oliphants. Haldir, Ada, and I locked eyes before we each charged at a Oliphant.

I jumped up and climbed onto the Oliphant slowly by reaching for the arrows that pierced it's skin. The Oliphant's tail kept trying to wack me.

When I climbed to the top of the Oliphant everyone turned to me "Oh shoot." I mumbled. I pulled out my bow and  notched arrow after arrow before killing all of the people other than the head that was driving the Oliphant forward.

I crept forward silently and notched one last arrow shooting the person in the head, causing the person to fall off. I put away my bow and unsheathed my longsword.

I thrust it down in the Oliphant's head and it stumbled as it walked. I wasn't prepared for it to fall and fell with it. I landed on the ground and felt a searing pain in my stomach and shoulder. I sighed as I looked up.

Almost all of the battle was over and dad was releasing the Ghost army not far from where I lay. "Release us!" the ghost king hissed "Bad idea! Very handy in a tight spot, these lads, despite the fact they're dead. " Gimli objected

"You gave us your word." the king hissed "I hold your oath fulfilled. Go, be at peace." dad said ignoring Gimli.

The ghost king smiled and the army blew away. Gimli groaned. I saw Gandalf and Pippin and wanted to get up. I suddenly felt two pairs of hand lift me up. I looked to both of my sides to see Haldir and Ada had lifted me up.

A sudden thought pierced my head "Luna." I said in worry. I spotted a mass of fur a little way away from where the Oliphant that I had killed lay. My eyes widen and I ran to the fur despite Haldir and Ada's callings.

I dragged the mass of fur out of the pile of orcs and the Oliphant. I gasped when I saw Luna's blood filled fur. "No!" I cried and started sobbing. I lay my head in her fur and lay down, sobbing. "Luna, please get up. Please." I cried.

Two pairs of hand tried to get me away, but I stayed where I was "Leave me alone. Please." I whispered.

I thought everyone had left, but four pairs of hands lifted me up and carried me away. I struggled against the hands, but stopped when they placed me down on a bed in a room. "Someone get Spirit...please." I whispered

WhenI heard someone leave the room, but didn't look up. About five minutes later the same person came in and handed me Spirit. She whined and dad came into the room.

He checked over me and sighed. "You'll need to be stitched up and you dislocated your rib and shoulder." he said and I nodded "Go ahead. Do it." I whispered

I lay down on the bed and he started cleaning my wound and stitching me up. I then felt a pain in my stomach and yelped, throwing a knife in the direction of dad. "Sorry sorry." he said.

"Just your shoulder now and then you're done." he said and I nodded closing my eyes. and squeezing Haldir's hand. When I felt a pop I squeezed even harder before throwing another knife at dad.

"Is that all?" I asked and I opened my eyes to see him nod "Good. I'm not throwing any of my daggers." I said and sighed as I looked around at everyone watching me. "I'll be fine. I should probably tell Spirit though." everyone nodded.

I told Spirit and she tried to struggle out of my grasp. "Hey.... I'll let you leave to be on your own when the final war is over." I said before breaking down "I'm sorry....I'm so sorry." I cried.

When I finally calmed down I started to sing before breaking down again. Someone enveloped me in a hug and rocked me making me fall asleep.

Sorry if I made you cry. I cried too writing this chapter. Anyway please comment and vote :)