Book 3 Chapter 7- Battle at the Black Gates

We were now on horses and riding to the black gate of Mordor. I was riding next to Zach dressed as a soldier from Gondor. I cut my hair and put on a Gondor soldiers armor. I new my dads would be mad at me for doing this, but at least I would be helping to save Middle Earth.

When we finally got to the Black Gate it was around mid-day.The Black Gate stood tall. It was an ominous entryway to Mordor.  We lined in the entryway, waiting for signs of movement.

"Where are they?" I heard Pippin ask no one in particular. Dad kicked his horse forward and the rest of the Fellowship followed him.

"Let the lord of the Black Late come forth! Let justice be done upon him!" dad bellowed up toward the top of the gate.

I kept my eyes on the Black Gate. I saw the doors open and through the cracks of people I saw a lone figure ride out on a horse.

"My master Sauron bids thee welcome. Is there any in this rout with authority to treat me?" it spoke in a sinister tone and when he finished talking he had a malicious smile on his face. "We do not come to treat with Sauron, faithless and accursed. Tell your master this, the armies of Mordor must disband. He is to depart from these lands, never to return." Gandalf spat

"Old Greybeard. I have a token I was bidden to show thee." the creature said huffing in amusement. It held something up "Frodo..." Pippin said absently as the creature tossed the thing to Gandalf

"Frodo!"  "Silence!" Gandalf demanded as the creature chuckled devilishly. "No!" Merry cried. "Silence!" Gandalf repeated himself.

"The halfing was dear to thee I see. Know that he suffered greatly at the hands of his host. Who would've thought that one so small could endure so much pain? And he did, Gandalf, he did." the foul creature said smiling again.

"And who is this? Isildur's heir? It takes more to make a king than an evlish blade-" he was cut off as dad sliced the creatures head clean off.  "I guess that concludes negotiations." Gimli huffed

"I do not believe it. I will not." dad stated defiantly. The Black Gate opened again and the heavy footsteps of ten thousand orcs filled the air. "Pull back. Pull back!" dad commanded.

"Hold your ground. Hold your ground!" dad commanded as he rode up and down the front line. "Sons of Gondor, of Rohan! My brothers! I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me! A day may come when the courage of man fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bounds of fellowship! But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear, I bid you, stand men of the west!"

As dad unsheathed his sword, so did all the soldiers. Zack looked at me "I want you to know something. In case neither one of us makes it out of this alive." he said and I looked in his blue eyes. "I love you." he blurted out.

I smiled "I love you too." I said "Stay close to me." he said and I nodded. Dad looked back at the Fellowship saying something I couldn't hear. A moment later he started charging. Merry and Pippin ran after him and soon everybody was charging.

I cleaved my way through the first couple of orcs stabbing them with my swords, while staying close to Zach. I looked around and noticed to my dismay that it wasn't just orcs there, there were also trolls.

I stabbed orcs and threw some of my daggers at a couple orcs that I couldn't fight off or decapitate.

I turned on the balls of my feet and decapitated a orc before ducking avoiding a mace.I heard screeching and looked up to my dismay I saw Nazgul flying above us.

Just as they were about to grab people Eagles started protecting us. I smiled, this was definitely the work of Gandalf. As I decapitated orcs and dodged maces I grabbed my maces.

"Aragorn!" Ada yelled. I turned around and saw dad trapped by orcs with a troll approaching him. I saw Ada try to get to dad, but was blocked by orcs. I caught Zach's eye and he nodded at me before going back to fighting orcs.

During the time that I had caught Zachs eye a orc came up to me swinging his sword. I sidestepped, but the orc still managed to cut some skin off of my shoulder. I groaned as a mace swung by my side and scraped my skin.

I started running to dad and barreled into him knocking him to the ground. He looked at me and understanding filled his eyes. I started fighting the orcs and troll and was just about to kill the final Orc when the troll's hand grabbed my throat and lifted me off of the ground.

I struggled against the troll and it dropped me before a Nazgul grabbed me. Just as it was about to take me to Mordor there was a mighty roar coming from across the horizon. I saw the tower crack and begin to fall.

Suddenly I felt myself dropping and looked up to see I was no longer being held by the Nazul. I landed on my back on a spear. I screamed in pure agony. Zach ran over to me and put my head on his lap, removing my helmet.

"Shh. It'll be ok. Shh." he whispered as tears clouded my vision. "Zack..." I whispered. Ada, Dad, Haldir, Gimli, Merry, and Pippin ran over to me. Pippin gasped as he saw my hair and I gave him a small smile.

"This will hurt." Haldir stated and pulled the spear out of me. I screamed again and squeezed someone's hand.

Zach picked me up and I whimpered in pain before falling asleep.

Hope you liked it. We're nearing the end of the book.Links to her outfit and haircut below. Comment and vote please :)

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/c4/43/4e/c4434e561d74dc85de05d1d215408b95.jpg

https://shorthaircutsmodels.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/New-Best-Short-Haircuts-2019-2020-29.jpg