Book 3 Chapter 3- Dunharrow

We had just arrived at Dunharrow where the men were setting up camp. The king was asking how many men were brought. "Grimbold, how many?" the king asked a soldier "I bring 500 men from the Westfold, my lord."  the soldier replied

"We have 300 more from Fenmarch." Gamling pipes in "Where are the soldiers from Snowbourn?" Theoden asks him "None have come, my lord" he replies

The king goes to a higher and smaller encampment with Aragorn by his side. "Six thousand spears, less than half of what I'd hope for." states Theoden

"Six thousand will not be enough to break the lines of Mordor." Aragorn replies "More will come." Theoden says "Every hour lost hastens Gondors defeat. We have until dawn, then we must ride." Aragorn says and the king nods.

***

I look to see that the horses are restless "The horses are restless and the men quiet." Ada states and I hug him from behind. "They grow nervous in the shadow." Eomer states

"That road  there. Where does that lead?" Gimli asks uneasily "It is the road to Dimholt, the door under the mountain." Ada states, staring down the road.

"None who venture there ever return." Eomer added and with that Ada pulls me closer. Haldir comes up to me and feel my temperature "You're still burning up with fever. " he says and I sigh as they lead me to a tent to make me rest

"You two are no fun." I grumble under my breath, but nevertheless close my eyes and fall into a sleep filled with dreams of a green ghost with a crown on his head.

---

I was woken up by a guard who led me to a tent. I entered and noticed a cloaked figure in the corner of the room. Dad came in a few moments later "I take my leave." Theoden says as he walks out the tent.

The cloaked figure removes his hood revealing himself as Lord Elrond, of Rivendell. Dad and I bowed "My lord." we said simultaneously

"I come on behalf of one you love." Elrond said his gaze landing on me. Dad looks at me and I stare at the ground. "Hope is dying. She will not survive the evil that now spreads from Mordor. Hope's life force is bound to the ring. She is Saurons true daughter. The shadow is upon us Aragorn. The end has come."

"It will not be our end, but his." dad replies "You ride to war, but not to victory. Sauron's armies march to Minas Tirith this you know, but in secret he sends another force, which will attack, from the river. A fleet of Corsair ships sails from the south, they'll be in the city in two days. You need more men." Elrond explains.

"There are none." dad says as his eyes snap up "There are those... who dwell in the mountain." Elrond says almost reluctantly

"Murders! Traitors! You would call upon them to fight? They believe in nothing! They answer to no one." dad says as his eyes widen in realization.

"They will answer to the king of Gondor." Elrond replies and he throws open his cloak and reveals a sword offering it to dad. "Anduril, Flame of the West, forged by the shards of Narsil."

Dad takes the sword slowly. "Sauron will not have forgotten the sword of Elendil." he says yet unsheathes the blade "The blade that was broken shall return to Minas Tirith. " dad says.

"The man that can wield the power of this sword can summon to him an army more deadly than any that walks this earth. Put aside the ranger. Become who you were meant to be, take the Dimholt road." Elrond says to dad

Dad looks uncertain and quietly Elrond says, "I give hope to the Dunedain." and dad finished "I keep none for myself."

Elrond then turns to me. "You must know that if the Ring is destroyed, you may lose your immortality. You will be blessed with long life like a Dunedain, but you will die of old age. The worse news is if the Ring is destroyed there is a possibility that you will die." he said and my head shot up at his news.

Elrond looks like he wants to say something else, but is cut off when Haldir comes in the tent. "My lord." he says to Elrond bowing.

"The lady Galadriel would like to know when you are coming back." Elrond says as I look down at the ground again.

"I will be leaving, after the Ring is destroyed." Haldir answers and I look up to see Elrond nod his head. I look to dad and my eyes travel to the tent flap. He nods his head and with that I exit the tent, going to Shadow.

See you guys in the next update! Vote and comment please :)