Chapter 5- Path of Caradhas

We were walking on snow. On a mountain. Well Ada and I were, but the rest of the fellowship were trudging through the snow. Ada being a full elf didn't leave any footprints, but me being half elf did leave footprints.

I was walking next to dad carrying Spirit with Luna right next to me. Everyone seemed cold except me. I had body warmth so I was perfectly fine. Frodo suddenly tripped and rolled backwards. I tried to catch him, but I wasn't fast enough.

Instead dad caught him. He set Frodo back on his feet and I brushed the snow off him. What can I say looking after and raising a wolf I had a motherly instinct towards the hobbits. Espically Pippin and Merry. They were precious.

Frodo was looking for something instead of making sure he was ok. Boromir suddenly picked something out of the snow. It was the Ring. Luna growled at him "Hush Luna. " I told her scratching her behind her ears to calm her down.

"Boromir." My dad said as everyone stopped and stared at Boromir who was staring at the ring.  "It is a strange fate we should suffer so much fear and doubt over so small a thing." Boromir said examining the ring "Such a little thing." Boromir whispered his hand going toward the ring about to grab it "Boromir!" dad exclaimed causing Boromir to come out of his trance.

Boromir looked up "Give the ring to Frodo." dad ordered Boromir started walking up to Frodo "As you wish.I care not." Boromir said to dad and Frodo, who snatched the ring back. Boromir ruffled Frodo's hair and Luna growled again "Shhh." I whispered to her as I glared at Boromir.

Boromir started to walk off again and I noticed out of the corners of my eye that my dad slowly took his hand off of the hilt of his sword. We all started to hike again "Keep a eye on Boromir ok Luna." I said to my wolf as she growled in response and went up behind Boromir keeping a close eye on him. 

-Time skip-

I was carrying Pippin who was freezing. and I was also carrying Spirit. The wind was howling like a wolf. Dad was carrying Frodo and Sam and Boromir was carrying Merry. "You ok?" I asked Pippin and he nodded. I was warm now. Warmer then ever. I tried something. I tried transferring over my body warmth to Pippin.

I suddenly felt the freezing cold air. Pippin gasped and I tried to take my heat back to myself. It had worked "Pippin can you hold Spirit?" I asked him and he nodded. I handed him Spirit and walked over to Boromir "Give me Merry." I told him and he looked at me confused. "Just do it. I can somehow transfer my body heat over to other people. " I explained to him and just like that he handed Merry over to me.

"You Boromir can hold on to Spirit for me." I told Boromir as Pippin handed Boromir Spirit "Make sure you watch over her." I told Boromir sternly and he nodded. I closed my eyes and transferred my body heat to Merry and Pippin. They looked at me with wide eyes and I smiled at them.

I walked to Ada and I heard a voice on the air "Do you hear that?" I asked him and he nodded in confirmation "There is a fell voice on the air." Ada said and I listened even more closely to the point where I heard chanting. "It's Saruman!" Gandalf yelled and we pressed ourselves closer to the mountain side as rocks fell from overhead "He's trying to bring down the mountain! Gandalf we must turn back!" dad yelled "No!" Gandalf yelled back as he too started to chant at the side of the mountain.

Saruman's chanting became louder and snow start to fall. I turned toward the wall of the mountain and tried to cover the two hobbits from the snow, but we along with the rest of the fellowship got buried in the snow. I saw Gandalf and Ada come up from under the snow at the same time as me. I then looked behind me to see Gimli, Boromir, Spirit, Luna, Frodo, Sam, and dad pop up from the snow.

"We must get off the mountain! Make for the gap of Rohan and take the west road to my city!" Boromir shouted. "The gap of Rohan takes us to close to Isengard!" dad shouted back "If we cannot pass over the mountain let us go under it. Let us go through the Mines of Moria!" Gimli joined in the argument.

"We shall let the Ring-Bearer decided." Gandalf said we waited a long moment "We cannot stay here! This will be the death of the hobbits!" Boromir shouted which caused Frodo to rush his decision.  "Frodo?" Gandalf asked "We will go through the mines." Frodo decided.

"So be it." Gandalf almost whispered to himself was it fear I saw in his eyes I wondered to myself. Gandalf started to lead us back and I sighed and almost stumbled as I turned around. Pippin, Merry, and Ada gave me a concerned look and I flashed them a small smile.