Book 2 Chapter 8- Battle at Helm's Deep

I woke up to the sound of a horn blowing. I gasped and threw the covers off me and ran out of the room putting my weapons on me. I arrived to the gates to see a army of elves marching in. I smiled and my smile grew wider when I saw Haldir.

I ran up to him throwing my legs around his torso. He smiled and held me on the side of his hip like a parent with a small child. Dad, Ada, and Gimli came running and dad enveloped him in a hug.

Ada came up and did a signature elf greeting. All of  the elves turned and faced the king. "We are proud to fight alongside men once more." Haldir says and I smile as dad shows the elves where to go.

"You didn't wake me up soon enough." I said to Ada punching his arm and he smiled at me and rolled his eyes. We took our places along the wall. I stood next to Haldir and Ada who was next to Gimli. "You could have picked a better spot." he grumbles and I laugh softly

Gimli then turns to dad "Well lad, whatever luck you live by let's hope it lasts the night." he says "Your friends are with you Aragorn." Ada says "Let us hope they last the night." Gimli replies smartly

It starts to rain and suddenly there is a clash of thunder. We all watch in silence as the Uruk Hai march toward us "Show them no mercy for you shall recieve none!" dad yells

The leader of the Uruk Hai army growls and the army stops advancing, but the Uruk Hai continue growling. "What's happening out there?" Gimli asks "Shall I describe it to you? Or would you like me to find you a box?" Ada replies causing Gimli to laugh

The archers knock their arrows and are holding them waiting for the command to release it. The Uruk Hai began to pound their spears on the ground while growling. Suddenly right before my eyes a arrow came whizzing past killing a Uruk  and he falls to the ground dead. "Hold!" I hear dad yell.

The Uruks then began running to Helm's Deep "Prepare to fire!"dad yells and I load my bow "Their armor is weak at the neck... and beneath the arm." Ada tells us "Release Arrows!" dad commands. I release my arrow and it hits it's mark.

We continue firing arrows and I suddenly hear a thunk and I look to see ladders against the wall. "Ladders!"dad yells.

I decided to run along the wall pushing back the ladders and everyone else starts doing the same. I hear dad yell to get their swords out and I put my bow on my back and unsheathe my sword.

As the Uruks started climbing the ladders that they put  back up I sliced down any that tried to get onto the wall. When I decapitate one I see the causeway and notice that the Uruks are slowly inching their way forward with shields covering them.

"Causeway!" dad yelled directing the elves attention to the causeway. I noticed one of the Uruks carrying something. Is that a bomb I thought to myself as I stopped and stared at the Uruks. Pulling out of my trance I started shooting at the Uruk that was carrying the torch. 

"Ada!" I shouted and he looked down at where I was shooting at the Uruk carrying the torch. "Bring him down Legolas!" dad shouted and when it didn't go down dad went frantic "Kill him! Kill him Legolas! Kill him!"

After the fourth hit it stumbled a bit and lunged for the bombs. That was then the wall broke. Men and elves who were there went flying including me. Some parts of the wall squashed some of the Uruks.

A piece of rock hit my arm as I went crashing to the floor. I groaned and got back up and started firing arrows at the Uruks. I saw Gimli jump onto some  Uruk Hais. "Gimli!" dad yelled. Gimli started fighting until one hit him and he got knocked under the water.

The elves released their arrows "Charge!" dad yelled and all of the elves started to charge at the Uruks following dad. I looked up to see a Uruk Hai lunge for him. I looked around and noticed an abandoned spear.

I threw it at the Uruk and it hit it straight in the heart. I heard the King faintly "Aragorn! Fall back to the Keep! Get your men out of there!" 

"To the Keep! Pull back to the Keep!" dad yelled. I started running when I noticed that Haldir was continuing to fight. I jumped up on a wall not bothering to take the stairs. I pulled myself up and looked to see that a Uruk Hai was going to get stabbed by a Uruk Hai. 

I ran forward to take the blow and tried not to scream out in pain. I turned around only to find myself standing in front of three menacing Uruk Hai. The largest of the one grabbed my hands and held on to them tightly.

It started pulling me with him the other two running with him. I started struggling and the Uruks got tired of this. They stopped and one of the Uruks hit me in the temple and I fell into darkness.

So what did you think of this chapter? Did I do better with the battle scene? Where do you think the Uruks are taking her? What can I do better? Please comment and vote :)