Chapter Thirty-Two: "Locomotor Wibbly"

A/N: Hello Loves!

Welcome to this week! <3 I hope it greets you well and wonderfully. <3

Thank you so much for the wonderful encouragement last week, for taking the time to read, and for generally being excellent. <3 I didn't think too much when I was typing out the note to last week's chapter, and I didn't mean to worry everyone. Of course, there are times when writing can be hard, but I want to clarify that for the most part, this fic has been a positive experience for me. <3 I want to provide others and myself with a place to decompress, and if this fic has been helpful in that way for you, I'm glad. <3 You all are so lovely. Thank you for caring.

Second: More than a few people have kindly suggested taking a break for a bit if I get tired. Thank you. <3 Taking breaks is scary.

In a spirit of honesty, I have been considering taking a week off sometime soon to prevent burnout. Unintentionally, I have not properly slept on a Sunday night since November. This is completely my own doing, and I am often smiling through the all nighters because writing this fic is fun for me, but also--sleep is important. I probably write stronger content when I'm well-rested. [Hermione's "fifth wave" nonsense in "Pine" may or may not be inspired by my own experiences, and if I'm going to lecture Hermione with George, I should probably apply that same advice to my own life.]

IF I end up taking that route, I'll be sure to let you all know by including it in an edit to the most recent chapter's author's note. :) I hope that's okay! That being said, I don't know if this is something that I'll actually do, as writing on this fic provides me with some structure and goal setting that I find helpful for mental health reasons. <3 <3 <3

Now that I'm through with rambling--let's get to the fun!! :)

As always, I do not own the rights to this story world or these characters.

PLAYLIST: -"Ice Field" by WYS (January 7, 3 p.m.).
-"Comforting You" by WYS (Jan. 7, after our favorite prefect shows up).
-"Satellite" by WYS (After he wakes Jan. 7 through Jan 8, 8:00 a.m. scene).
-"Flowers in Your Hair" by The Lumineers or "The Polar Express" by Tom Hanks (Jan. 8, 5 p.m. until the game starts).
-"Thunder" by Imagine Dragons (Jan. 8, During the game).
-"All I Want" by Kodaline (Jan. 9).
-"Run Baby Run" by 2WEI & Ali Christenhusz (When you see the smoke through Jan. 10, 7 a.m.).
-"Leave a Light On" by Tom Walker (Jan. 10, 10 a.m.).
-"All I Want" by Kodaline again/"Fragile" by Kygo & Labrinth (Jan. 11).
-"I Don't Want to Love Somebody Else" by A Great Big World (Jan. 11, when you see the stale snow).
-"Survivor" by 2WEI and Edda Hayes (Jan 11—when Hermione brings up laws until the story's done).
-"Infinity" by One Direction (Jan. 11, just generally during the conversation).
-"Sweet Child O' Mine" by Guns N' Roses (Jan. 11 at the Fever Fudge mention).

Grab your snack (maybe a carton of ice cream?), your drink (Chamomile for SURE this week, if you've got it. Side note: if you drink chamomile, I'd LOVE to know what kind in the comments because I adore trying new varieties), and your largest blanket.

This chapter is a little bit of a love letter, for all of us.
Asking for help is scary, but we can be brave.

Let's dive in. <3

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

George

January 7, 1999, 3:00 p.m.

Water dripped into the drain, plinking against the copper. With frantic, hurried movements, George gripped the side of the tub in one hand and yanked up the left leg of his trousers with the other. The skin looked the same as always, but it was searing to touch. Under the surface, the nerves had been lit.