Chapter Fifty: "The Writing on the Wall"

Chapter summary:

Read closely.

A/N: 

Hello everyone!

I hope the last several weeks have treated you well. <3 My apologies for the poor communication on the week delay. I had posted on the blog, but I forgot to mention it in the last note, or on the other platforms where LUMOS content is hosted.

It's a bit late, so we're going to be brief, here. <3

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and/or comment/kudos. You all are incredibly kind, lovely humans, and I hope your fall is off to a lovely start.

As always, I do not own the rights to this story world or to these characters.

Alright! Grab your snack (I recommend something warm), your drink (I'm about to pour a cup of chamomile), and your warmest blanket. Let's dive in. <3

Playlist:
1. "Gravity" by Steven Price (March 4, 6:01 p.m.)
2. "East of Eden" by Zella Day/"Ministry of Magic" by Alexandre Desplat (March 4, 6:30 p.m.)
3. "White Winter Hymnal" by Fleet Foxes (March 5, 6:21 a.m.)
4. "Kingdom Dance" by Alan Menken/"In My Blood" by Vitamin String Quartet (March 5, 6:40 a.m.)
5. "Love is Strange" by Mickey & Sylvia (March 5, 7:00 a.m./You'll know)
6. "Where Are You Tonight" by Tom Johnston (--same scene, after the previous song ends/when the next song on the record plays)
7. "She's Like the Wind" by Patrick Swayze (--same scene, just right at the end).
8. "Good Vibrations" by The Beach Boys (March 5, 5:58 p.m.)
9. "Obliviate" by Alexandre Desplat (March 5, 7:12 p.m.)
10. "To Dwell on Dreams" by Audiomachine (same scene, after the previous song).
11. "There Ain't No Grave" by Hidden Citizens (--same scene, at the occluprotego.)
12. "Fur Elise" by Hidden Citizens (--same scene, when you see willow.)
13. "Warror (Stand Up)" by Hidden Citizens and Rayelle (--same scene, when you see "an animalistic growl.")
14. "Blood" by Illenium & Foy Vance (--Same scene, when Bill appears again, through the first part of the next scene as well).
15. "Somebody's Watching Me" by Hidden Citizens (March 5, 8:05 p.m., when Hermione says "there's someone—").

*************
CW: [Major spoiler] Minor Character Death (henceforth will be referred to as CD in the notes). [Moderate Spoiler] This chapter includes use of a Mind-Altering Potion on March 5, starting at 5:58 p.m., which continues through most of the rest of the chapter in some form or another. [Moderate Spoiler] This chapter also includes some themes of disassociation/occluding.

------------------------------------------------------------------

George

March 4, 1999, 6:01 p.m.

Mum was going spare, but Percy wouldn't budge on it.

"Mother doesn't need to suffer it," he'd said that morning, propped up in George's bed with a book in hand. "I'll stop by in a day or so when I'm looking less gruesome."

Molly Weasley had retaliated swiftly, by way of covered dishes.

There wasn't room in the fridge. George had even assembled a locked, storage box in the alley, and that was full too, now. So, he took to ferrying them around Hogsmeade.

But George kept the two tins of Christmas fudge, obviously.

The rest, though—that went to the neighbors.

A steak and kidney pie for Dorothy Keddle. A Lancashire hot pot for Aberforth. Yorkshire pudding for Rosmerta. Chocolate biscuits for Pomfrey. Scotch eggs for Minerva, Hagrid, and Flitwick. English pancakes to Marcus, along with a note about the storage predicament and to clarify that it wasn't, in fact, a bribe to keep him on as a client. Trifle for Sprout. Shepherd's pie for the bored clerk at the thrift shop.