Chapter Forty-Six: "Riddikulus"

A/N:

Hi everyone!I hope you all had a wonderful three weeks. <3 Thank you so much for the kindness, understanding, and encouragement on the last chapter--especially in regards to my needing a bit of extra time! <3 <3 <3 I really do appreciate it. You all make the world a warmer place. <3 Also: thank you so much for taking the time to read, and/or commenting or leaving a kudos. You're all wonderful, and I wish I could mail you a hug. <3

As always, I do not own the rights to this story world or these characters.

Side note: Happy birthday to maggithaaaa! I hope your week is lovely and full of birthday cheer. <3

Alright! Grab your snack (this week, I suggest something warm (I'm eating macaroni & cheese just now--maybe that), your drink (I've got a tepid coffee. I highly encourage you to heat yours up, if you go this route. Or maybe ice it. Follow your heart on that one), and your coziest jumper (or lightest blanket, if you're in a warmer area).

Playlist:
1. "The Bad Party" by WYS (Feb. 23, 6:49 a.m.)
2. "Restore" by AudioMachine (--same day/time, after you see the Sugarquill jar.)
3. "Trampoline" by WYS (Feb. 24, 7:14 a.m.)
4. "London Bridge is Falling Down" by Peter Bradley Adams (--same day/time, you'll know, but when you hear the singing.)
5. "Don't You Forget About Me" by Stephen Barton (Feb. 24, 6:49 p.m.)
6. "Fall On Me" by A Great Big World &amp; Christina Aguilera (Feb. 24, 8:12 p.m., when you see Hermione)
7. "The Wisp Sings" by Winter Aid/"Sparks" by Coldplay (Feb. 25, 12:12 a.m.)
8. "Comforting You" by WYS (Feb. 25, 5:36 p.m.)
9. Your Lofi of Choice through most of the rest of Feb. 25.
10. "home" by morgxn ft. WALK THE MOON (Feb. 25, 8:32 p.m., when there's a glint under the streetlamp.)
11. "All I Want" by Kodaline (Feb. 26, 1:22 a.m.)
12."Kneel Before the Crown" by AudioMachine (Feb. 26, 1:22 a.m., when lightning claps through the room.)
13. "Don't You Forget About Me" by Stephen Barton, again. (Feb. 26, 1999, 2:12 a.m.)
14. "Run" by OneRepublic/"Typhoons" by Royal Blood (Feb. 26, 6:54 a.m.)
15. "The Lion's Heart" by AudioMachine (Feb. 26, 7:13 a.m.)
16. "Are You With Me" by nilu/"Prevail" by AudioMachine (Feb. 26, 7:13 a.m., when they pass the one-eyed witch statue).
17. "Safety Dance" by Men Without Hats (Feb. 26, 5:31 p.m.)
18. "You Spin Me Round" by Dead or Alive (Feb. 26, 5:31 p.m., you'll know)
19. "Prevail by AudioMachine/"Through the Darkness" by AudioMachine (Feb. 26, same time as before, when you see the Protego Horribilis).
20. "Yellow" by Coldplay (Feb. 27--the first part of Feb. 28)
21. "Pulled Together" by AudioMachine/"Torches" by The Oh Hellos/"Don't You Forget About Me" again (Feb. 28, 10:12 p.m., when George pulls himself up through the hatch.)

***CW: [(Mild spoiler warning) Domestic violence briefly featured on Feb. 26, 7:13 a.m. If you'd like to skip it, scroll until you see "Hermione's sentence cut."]

---------

LUMOS: "Riddikulus"

George

February 23, 1999, 6:49 a.m.

Mornings were George's.

George smiled to himself as he paced through the aisles, checking stock on the shelves against the parchment fixed to the clipboard in his hands. He had his inventory, he had his cuppa, and most importantly, he had his quiet.

Nights, those had always been Fred's. Fred lived for the thrill of the dark. For the mischievous possibilities it permitted. You couldn't very well sneak itching powder into Snape's left out loafers in the prime of daylight. The sod had usually retrieved them before dawn, freshly polished by the elves in the castle.

Sad excuse of a toff.

No, George enjoyed a good caper under the cover of darkness just as much as the next bloke. But mornings? There was something sacred about mornings. The quiet scrape of a quill on parchment, the satisfying rustle the boxes made as he faced them all to front. It was the perfect time to enjoy some time to himself and sort his thoughts.