Chapter Thirty-Three: "Harmony"

A/N: ATTN: LUMOS will be going on break this week. You can expect to see Lumos back on 02.22. <3 <3 Thank you so much for your support and understanding in this. 

There are probably typos in this. I've been editing for some time, and I know I've certainly missed some. I apologize. My brain is done for the night, though. <3 This is one of those chapters that I loved writing, but I'll probably return to polish. Thank you so much for your patience in that matter. <3 <3

As always, I do not own the rights to this story world or to these characters.

This is a double-feature. <3

Thank you so much for reading and for all the kindness! <3 I hope you all have a lovely week.

Playlist to be expanded, but it's important to know these for now:
-"Sweet Child O' Mine" by Guns N' Roses (May 3, 2003, 10 a.m./ you'll know).
-"Fernando" by ABBA (May 3, 2003, 10 a.m./you'll know).
-"One More Light" by Linkin Park (May 3, 2003, 10 p.m.--when you see Arthur.)
-"Wild" by John Legend (May 3, 2003, 10 p.m.--when the convertible comes up. This song also works for the writing on the wall.)
-"Anything Could Happen" by Ellie Goulding (May 4, 2003, 9:05 a.m.--when you see the envelop on the table)
-"Hey Jude" by The Beatles (May 4, 9:13 a.m./you'll know)
-"Ob-La-Di Ob-La-Da" by The Beatles (May 4, 9:13 a.m./you'll know)

Grab your snack (I'm recommending toast this week), your drink (This is a Hot Cocoa week), and maybe, just maybe, a purple quilt. If you have one. If not, any warm blanket will suffice. <3 <3 <3

---------------------------------

LUMOS

Chapter Thirty-Three: "Harmony"

Hermione

May 3, 2003, 10 a.m.

"If we wait patiently for Auntie Mione to wake up, and then we ask very nicely, I bet she'll make us Hot Cocoa." George's whisper hummed over her head, and Hermione craned her neck, blinking. She'd fallen asleep on the floor, wand pressed under her face. She inhaled, then turned onto her back.

As she moved, she caught a glimpse of her surroundings.

Fred laid on the sofa across the room. Angelo slumbered on his chest, wiry, dark reddish curls flattened under his father's left hand. Fred twisted his wand over his wristwatch, a frown on his face. There was thud, and Teddy's face peeked around the coffee table, just before a pair of denims that stood behind it.

The toddler pounced.

"Are you awake?" he shouted, landing squarely on Hermione's stomach. She sputtered and lurched upright.

Angelo slept right through it.

"Careful, Teddy—" George said, darting forward. With a gentle swoop, he hoisted Teddy to the side and rested him on his feet. The little boy frowned before looking back at Hermione.

"Are you awake?" Teddy said again, this time in a loud whisper. Hermione breathed out a laugh, blinking to clear her vision.

"Easy there, Bludger," George whispered. He held a placating hand out. "Why don't you run to the kitchen? We'll meet you there in a bit." Teddy hesitated, but the rapid patter of his footsteps reverberated across the floor.

Hermione rubbed a hand over her face, trying to clear the residual, sleepy fog. She peeked upwards. George's face mirrored the way she felt—worn. The shadows under his eyes were darker than usual. They'd gotten precious little sleep after transporting Molly to Mungo's the night before. Mr. and Mrs. Weasley had yet to return. Hermione had crashed on the floor. She wasn't sure where—or if—George had slept.