Chapter Thirty-Seven: "Invisible Strings"

A/N: Hello everyone!

I hope you all had a lovely couple of weeks! <3 First things first, thank you so much for the kindness and encouragement on the last chapter!! <3 <3 Thank you so much for reading and/or commenting or leaving kudos.
[Keeping my mouth shut about the end of Carpe Retractum was quite difficult. :) ]

Next: For the foreseeable future, I may need to switch to biweekly/once every two week updates. I am so, so sorry, but I've had some things crop up in my personal life during the last week that will likely require me to take more time with these chapters.

I'm working to resolve these issues, but until I find a solution, it's probable that I will need that extra time. I'm hoping this may not be an problem for long, but I've no way of knowing how long it will take me to find a solution, as there are numerous factors outside of my control. This is sort of difficult for me to write, as I really really want to keep LUMOS on a once-a-week schedule until its completion.

This coming week, I'm going to play it by ear and try to keep my regular posting schedule while handling this other stuff. There will be an update at the end of this author's note by Sunday night. I'm very sorry to leave it up in the air like that, and I'll do my best to keep you all informed.

As always: I do not own the rights to this story world or to these characters.

Playlist:
1. "A Little Bit Yours" by JP Saxe/"Dusk Till Dawn" by Kurt Hugo Schneider and Kirsten Collins (May 11)
2. "Rest Well, Love" by Kainbeats (May 12, 2:12 a.m.)
3. "Grasping, Reaching" by Kainbeats (May 12, 7:00 a.m.)
4. "The Power of Love" by Huey Lewis & The News (May 12, after 7:00, for most of the content until 10:00 a.m.)
5. "Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da" by The Beatles (May 12, 10:00 a.m.)
6. "Uptown Girl" by Billy Joel (May 12, 10:30 a.m./you'll know)
7. "Glass Room" by Kainbeats (May 12, 11:00 a.m. --at the intricately carved door)
8. "Molly" by John Denver (May 12, 12:00 p.m. --When you see Mr. Weasley/you'll know)
9. "Here Comes the Sun" by The Beatles/"Asleep on the Train" by Tom Rosenthal (May 12, 4:00 p.m.)
10. "Somewhere Only We Know" by Lily Allen (May 12, 4:00 p.m. --the pantry)
11. "Smoke on the Water" by 2WEI (May 13, when their name is called)
12. "Invisible String" by Taylor Swift (as a general song for the chapter)

Please forgive any typos or errors, of which I'm sure there are many. I've been editing for quite some time, but I'm certain I've missed some. 

Alright! Grab your snack (this week, I recommend oranges or any fruit that's potentially coming back into season near you--maybe let me know in the comments? I'm quite excited about the return of good produce after a long winter), your drink (I had coffee with cashew milk, and it was excellent), and your most favorite blanket.
Let's dive in. <3

-----

Chapter Thirty-Seven:"Invisible Strings"

Hermione

May 11, 2003

He rolled up his sleeve, and letters appeared.

B

l

o

o

d

T

r

a

i

t

o

r

"It never seemed like a good time." He barely got the words out, and his shoulders were rising and falling rapidly as he stepped closer. "I didn't mean for it to become something I kept from you, but there was—there was always something. Work. Curses. Attacks. The Remembrance Ball." He slowly closed his eyes then opened them again. "Last time, you sort of—sort of figured most of it out yourself, and—"