Chapter Forty-Eight: Oculus Reparo

It's a matter of perspective, framing, and the art of work.

A/N: Hello everyone!

I hope this update finds you well, despite its lateness. <3 Thank you so much for your patience through the editing process and all of its fun twists and turns (and delays).

In case you didn't see any announcements on it, since the last Lumos update, I've released the first part of Mollywobbles. Mollywobbles is a shorter fic that takes place in the same story universe as Lumos, but earlier. If you're interested in Molly and Arthur's backstory, you can find the link on my profile. [Reading Mollywobbles is not necessary, but there are interlocking story pieces.] <3

That said: While it's been a bit, thank you so much for taking the time to read, for commenting/leaving kudos, and for the encouragement on the last Lumos chapter. <3 <3 <3 You all are so kind, and I hope the month of August treated you kindly in return. <3

As always, I do not own the rights to this story world or to these characters.

Alright: Grab your snack (I recommend pumpkin pasties this week), your drink (I'm drinking coffee), and your coziest quilt/blanket. Let's dive in.

Playlist:
1. "Otherside" by Perfume Genius (Feb 28, 10:27 p.m.)
2. "Time" by Hans Zimmer (Same time, when you see Aberforth through March 1, 6:15 a.m.)
3. "Down Come the Rain" ft. Adam Christopher by Hidden Citizens (March 1, 7:30 a.m.)
4. "Where Once There Were Stars" by Audiomachine (--same scene, when someone compliments George on his nerve.)
5. "Don't You Forget About Me" ft. Kelsy Karter by Stephen Barton (March 1, 7:45 a.m.)
6. "Riptide" by Vance Joy/"Anything Could Happen" by Ellie Goulding (--same scene, but you will know in your heart of hearts, through first bit of March 1, 8:01 a.m.)
7. "Satellite" by Wys (March 1, 8:01 a.m., when George is called to the office door through *;40 a.m..)
8. "Hit Me With Your Best Shot" by Hidden Citizens, when they enter Kingsley's office. (March 1, 9:31 a.m.)
9. "Sweet Child O' Mine" by Vitamin String Quartet (March 3, 5:49 a.m.)
10. "Unsteady" by X Ambassadors (--same time, after the rune rusts in color)
11. "7 Years" by Lukas Graham (Last Scene)

****CW: [Moderate spoiler] This chapter contains some violence and description of blood/scratches/bruising that some readers may find difficult. The content remains within the T-rating, but if you'd prefer to skip that material, skip the section on March 3, when they're watching the runes to "Luckily."

-------------

Chapter Forty-Eight : Oculus Reparo

George

February 28, 1999 10:27 p.m.

Fabian Prewett set his chin on his fist and smirked. "Never thought I'd live to see the day," he drawled.

"Well," Gideon barked out a laugh and leaned back from the painting's frame. "You didn't."

George gawked. His stomach swooped like he'd done a steep dive on his broom, and he faltered back a step.

"You're one to talk." Fabian dropped his hand to refold his arms and bugged his eyes out at Gideon with the ease of someone who perhaps seemed a bit too comfortable with—well—having croaked it. He cocked his head towards Fred and George. "Molly Weasley—sending her kiddies out to say hello."

"But which ones are they, Fabian?" Gideon lilted dramatically, stroking a hand over his jaw.

"Oh, I haven't the foggiest," Fabian said with a sarcastic squint. "At a complete loss, here." He pulled free a shining, pocket watch with a slight dent in one corner and made a show of checking it. "Bit out of order, but we should've known it'd be you two, next." He raised his gaze at George, speaking in a bone-dry tone. "You're late."