Chapter 3

Routine is a double edged sword. On one hand it makes people feel comfortable and it establishes order in ones life. It definitely makes the days go by faster, but it also made them incredibly boring. As one would assume, the life of a member of the royal family relied heavily on routine, and let me tell you, Midoriya absolutely hated it.

Every day felt like the last to him, wake up, comb his hair, put on his clothing and then make his bed. Did the palace have maids who could probably do the task for him, yes, but then he would have more time to do his absolute least favorite thing.
Nothing.

Today however, was unlike most days. The moment his eyes opened he was wide awake and practically sprinting.

While he definitely wasn't looking forward to the two day long carriage ride and the endless fighting he would probably engage in after, it was something and that was all he could really ask for.

One part of his routine stayed the same though, being silently greeted by (Y/n) to escort him to breakfast.

"Don't take this the wrong way, I'm flattered that you greet me every morning, but you really don't need to."

He meant no offense, I mean rarely does he, he just worried that it was an inconvenience for her to wake up every morning and wait for him outside his door. Midoriya would love to ask her why she does it, but when her response was just a look of acknowledgment, he figures it's a bit of a lost clause.

Midoriya was about to continue on his way, although the silence was a bit awkward, then he remembered that this wasn't any other day. Today the routine was broken, he didn't make his bed, he didn't take his time, and he wasn't going to sit in lectures all day about how to properly rule.

"Forgive me if it's a bit intrusive, but why do you never talk. I don't think anyone other than my mom has heard your voice."

He had taken the advise given to him by his friend, albeit with a grain of salt, and just asked her.

This wasn't the first, or the second, or the third time he has asked this though. (Y/n) had heard some variation of these words come out of his mouth probably hundreds of times. She just shrugs to the question, like every other time.

Now normally, this would be a cue to just stop talking or drop the subject, but Midoriya was determined. He thought of all of the questions he has ever wondered about her and was deciding which to ask her first in hopes that he hits a topic that she loves to talk about, when Iida comes into sight.

While he is happy to see his friend, Midoriya admits to himself that he was really hoping to spend a little more time alone with her.

"Good morning, I hope you slept well"

"Morning Iida, I did! How about you!"

"I am well rested, I assume by the tone of your voice that you are excited for the upcoming meeting."

"Of course I am, I've been looking forward to it all month!"

The two continue to mindlessly talk while walking to the dining hall. (Y/n) observed how they just effortlessly threw their words down, as if they were just floating away from their throats. They held no value in this context, but the slightest thing could change that. One syllable, one pronunciation, one pause, and the meaning of an entire sentence can be changed.

This led her to the conclusion that language is just weird.

Dining was a similar experience, words were thrown around aimlessly, without meaning, as if they held no attachment. They discussed the recent absence of a very prominent freelance knight, or 'the hero' as many people called him. About how they would be the last family to arrive at the meeting, to be exact almost a day later.

At the strike of nine they loaded up a carriage and began on their way, (Y/n) riding the horse and the queen with her son inside.

Hours passed and the mother son duo read to their hearts content, stories about mythical hero's fighting monstrous beasts filled the mind of Midoriya as he visualized being the protagonist. Being able to fend for not only himself but to be able to protect others seemed like a distant fantasy. He pondered what it would be like in (Y/n)s position, possibly the strongest human, and maybe even fighter the kingdom that is soon to be his.

He pictured fighting by her side in an epic battle sequence, swords clashing against enemies, back to back as they protect innocent civilians and become known as hero's through out the land.

"Izuku, are you alright, you haven't turned a single page in about an hour"

He was snapped out of his daydream and looked outside only to notice it was pitch dark.

"Oh yeah, I just drifted in my thoughts"

"What we're you thinking about"

You know how when you try and think of an excuse when your called on the spot and your mind just checks out. Yeah he had never hated that cognitive function more than in this moment.

The first thing that came to mind was sleep and he somehow pieced together a comprehensible sentence.

"I'm just wondering how (Y/n) is still awake right now, I mean it is pretty late..."

"Oh, well..."

He was thanking the goddess herself that his mother didn't press him further.

"The training that she and other high ranking knights go through is quite brutal, sleep deprivation is one of the skills needed to ascend rankings"

This definitely peaked his interest, he had not a clue that trainees had to go through that.

"How long can she stay awake"

"I'm not sure her fullest extent, but according to the results she stayed up for three days straight before collapsing."

He tried to wrap his mind around the possibility of staying up late for that long. He got tired after about eighteen to twenty hours.

"Of course she's trained harder than anyone to be able to get to that point. Just because she has the ability now doesn't mean she has had it forever, that goes for everything, including you. So don't get all caught up in what you can't to now, because you can imagine that she looks back at when she was a beginner and can watch her fail hundreds, if not thousands of times to get a skill that's now second nature to her."

He took these words with a grain of salt because she was his mother. She was always very supportive of him, and he appreciated it none the less.

Little did the two know that the walls of the carriage were not as thick as they thought.
(Y/n) smiled to herself slightly, feeling accomplished that her practice and hard work was recognized as she gazed at the stars.

Sagittarius had never looked so beautiful.

Why hello there! Okay, okay, bro... 7 PEOPLE HAVE ACTUALLY READ THIS!!!
I know to some of you that might seem like nothing but that's so awesome to me!!!
I absolutely love each and everyone of you and just wanted you to know that you a beautiful!
If you would like to make my day even more than you already have, comment your favorite scent of candle, mine is cinnamon and cloves right now but I'm curious.
Anyways, that's all from me today, I hope you have a wonderful morning, day, and night! Au revoir!