Chapter 11

The routine was once again broken.

(Y/n) looked back at her room one more time to double check. Her bed was made neatly, her things all in their place, and her calendar marked 8/4. She tightens her hold on her bag and leaves the castle before the sun even rose. On her horse she still could make out scorpius on the horizon.

A soft knock was placed on to the door that had been closed about four hours earlier. Midoriya was slightly confused when he hadn't seen her that morning, she usually greeted him every day. 'Maybe she's just tired, she was up all night the other day'. The logic was reasonable to him and he made his way to breakfast that morning.

While he enjoyed the company of Todoroki and Bakugou, he certainly missed his home, like Iida who talked to him like they were normal people (finally).

He didn't really focus on the conversation held between him and his mother, only tuning in when the Great Plains were mentioned.

"-plan on leaving in about an hour to deliver it."

"I'm sorry again for the trouble, we just don't have anyone available right now"

"It's a pleasure your majesty, I truly don't mind"

Midoriyas interest was peaked. If Iida and
(Y/n) were gone then who would he have. He knew it was selfish of him but he really hated to be lonely, it was a bit of a fear if he was being honest with himself.

"Can come as well?"

Both of them stopped discussing and looked over at him. He regretted asking it immediately. He hoped he wasn't perceived as rude with his question.

"Would that be alright with you Iida?"

"I definitely wouldn't oppose the company, also the Great Plains are a beautiful sight to see, I think it would be nice."

"Alright, you just need to promise to be careful"

"Of course, I will protect him with my life"

At this Midoriya blushed, along with other things like being lonely or the center of attention, he also hated having to rely on people. He longed to be able to protect himself or maybe even fight along side some of his friends.

When they were excused they both discussed while getting their bags ready. This was made a lot easier considering their rooms were next to each other.

"So how long do you think we will be out there"

"I would estimate about a week at most, it shouldn't take too long"

"What are you even doing, is it just patrol?"

"Oh, no I need to deliver a message to Uraraka about the expedition she's doing in the Forrest"

"Cool"

Once the two were ready the took off on their respective horses. The journey was a peaceful one. The Great Plains were a sight. In the day light you could see animals like rabbits and deers roaming. There were small clouds of butterflies every so often as well. Before the two of them knew it the sun was beginning to set. They made their way to an inn at a nearby village and paid for a room with two beds.

"You guys are lucky, it's our last one!"

The two made there way to the room, dropped off their bags, and decided to explore the small town.

Nervousness plagued the body of (Y/n) as she stood in front of a door she knew like the back of her hand, which was currently in a fist and ready to knock. Her eyes flickered between the two as she swallowed thickly. Before thinking too much she just did it and got it over with. The pause before she met the eyes of her friend was deafening, but worth it.

"Hey"

"OH MY GODDESS YOU ACTUALLY CAME!"

She burst into laughter at the thought.

"Of course I would, you said it yourself I'm your best friend"

"I know but I didn't expect you to actually be able to get free time!"

The two embraced warmly, but not for long as Mei grabbed (Y/n)s hand and started running. She yelled about how she needed to show her new 'babies' or inventions up on a hill where she was able to experiment.

"Will you slow down I can hardly keep up"

Giggles swarmed the two as they felt like they were kids again. She felt like the safety of everyone wasn't on her shoulders for once.
(Y/n) didn't realize how much she had missed her home until now. Life was so much simpler, where the biggest decisions were minuscule compared to the ones made back at the castle. She could be herself, finally she didn't have to keep silent, she didn't need to have her guard up 24/7. She could sleep in as late as she wanted after dragging her friend outside in the middle of the night for hours just to talk about the constellations that she could see that night. To tell the same old stories over and over again, but have the same reactions as the first time she heard them. She could do whatever she wanted.

"Oh come on, you were the one trained to do this, if anything I should be trying to keep up with you"

"Shut up, you know how much I hate running"

"Oh, right, because you could never beat me in a race if I'm remembering correctly"

"Is that a challenge?"

Oh to be sarcastic and witty again. It was truly a dream come true.

"Yeah, it is, to the top of that hill, I'll race you. Loser has to buy groceries tomorrow"

She cracked a smirk.

"You're so on!"

The two laughed as the sprinted as fast as they could up the incline, shouting randomly at each other along the way.
This was freedom.

Little did they know that the other pair were staring in awe at the sight at the girl who had never spoken.

Hey, I got my report card today! All A's and a B! That's all that's really happening with me. Question; what's your favorite color. Mine's yellow.
That's all I guess, have a good morning, day, and night!