Chapter 7

You might be curious about what would happen when you have a dragon shifter who is the most positive and manly being imaginable, an out spoken but blunt and badass pirate, and a royal guard who hardly speaks spend time together. While on paper it doesn't seem like a good idea, you would be entirely wrong. They actually like to braid each other's hair and talk about the stars, well, two of them talk about the stars and the other one braids their hair.

"Did you see Hercules and Cygnus last night!"

"Yeah, we've had consistently clear nights all week, it has been relaxing"

Yaoyarozu and Kirishima went back and forth, both of them loved the stars just as much as (Y/n) did which came as a bit of a shocker when they all first met. I mean, out of all of the things they could have in common, stars? Kind of unlikely.

Kirishimas head was in (Y/n)s lap as she was currently working on a single, Middle French braid. It was the one that "made him look the manliest" apparently.

"I wish I could've gazed at them more, unfortunately last night a couple bokoblins decided to test their luck with me and it put me off in a mood for the rest of the evening."

Yaoyarozu was known for having a bit of a temper. While it wasn't nearly as severe as Bakugou, compared to the cool and collected prince she was companions with she was a hot head.

"I know right, it seems like they're coming out of no where, it's getting ridiculous"

"And they're noticeably stronger as well, it's a bit concerning"

"I mean, we don't need to worry, we're like the strongest people in the kingdoms!"

Kirishima seemed visibly excited about a thought that just popped into his mind. Deciding to entertain him, Yaoyarozu asked him what he was so giddy about all of the sudden.

"Oh nothing... it's just that I LEARNED ARCHERY!"

This startled (Y/n) who jumped and lost her spot in the braid. She sighed a bit and began to comb out his hair with her fingers to start over again.

"Oh, sorry about that (Y/n)!"

She simply shrugged with a small smile. He took this as a cue to ask her how cool she thought it was that he now could snipe any monster that he wanted.

She smiled at him genuinely and let out a small chuckle as she nodded. Kirishima took this as a very high triumph. I mean yeah, he could turn into a dragon and that would probably be all he needed to win any fight, but archery was so high up in skill level that he just had to learn how to do it when he found out about its potential.

A small pause was shared between the three as (Y/n) started again on Kirishimas braid once she got him to finally sit still.

" So what do you guys think of the prophecy?"

Yaoyarozu could read the air, obviously none of them wanted to talk about it. They were discussing their own mortality, it's a touchy subject. They still needed to know each other's stance on it though, it was affecting them just as much as it was the princes. Deciding to go first, she told her opinion on the matter.

"Personally I think the wording of it can be moved around. We might be able to find a loop hole and end up avoiding it, I mean the grammar used could be interpreted differently if translated into different languages, all we need to do is find the one that allows us all to survive."

She had a point. Kirishima thinks it's reasonable, maybe even a realistic possibility.

"Yeah, maybe even if the oracles have said that we can't change it, there's a way. We can't trust that they have looked at it through every angle possible, maybe someone could look at the words a certain way and just know how to avoid what's said to be inevitable."

They didn't like to say the word death, or any synonyms of it. It made it too real. Facing the reality of their own demise coming and possibly not being able to stop it is difficult to grasp.

"I mean surely the goddess Hylia has her reasons, she wouldn't let us die with out good intentions. Right?"

Yaoyarozu nodded even though she wasn't quite sure of it herself. Fate was an interesting story for her.

"Of course we know your answer (Y/n)"

Kirishima lightened the mood instantly with his teasing tone. Yaoyarozu smirked along with him.

"I have to agree. You may be quiet but we can read you like a book"

At this comment (Y/n)s face flushed visibly and the braid she was almost complete was now her at her full attention.

"Oh so we're right aren't we, you totally have a thing for him"

Yeah even though it was only a few comments in she had had enough for one day. She raised one eyebrow and Kirishima and gestured to him and the door they were sitting outside of. At this he turned beet red.

"What are you saying!"

"Oh come on, you call each other by your first names. There is no way you call that 'friendship' or 'close compatibility'. Even
(Y/n)s not that dense"

While the jab at her ability to sense the obvious sometimes, Yaoyarozu was now off the subject of her and Midoriya and now on to teasing Kirishima and Bakugou. She'll take what she can get.

"Guys, that's not it!"

"Then what is 'it'."

"I-it's comp-"

Kirishimas faith in the goddess was officially restored as they heard a loud crash and the obvious shouts of the three of them at each other from the other side of the door.

"I swear can they not be alone for five minutes"

Hey, nothing new with me, but if anything exciting is happening with you guys let me know.
Also important note, I'm trying to make this story as neutral as possible, the only exception to that is the pronouns because it's my first story and I'm not sure how to respectfully write for someone who uses ones other that she/her. If there is anything, I mean like anything that I can change to make it as inclusive as possible please let me know.
My goal for this is to not describe (Y/n)s physical features as much as possible so if you have any suggestions to help me or if I slipped up and I didn't catch it during editing pleas let me know!
That's all, good morning, day, and night!