Chapter 33

Goosebumps covered both Izukus and (Y/n)s bodies. They couldn't see two feet infront of them but they were worried that the thing that just made a horrible popping noise could see them.

Both of their swords were drawn, they were back to back and their hearts were pounding into each other.

Another pop, it sounded like bones cracking.

Then they heard a breath hitch.

A small figure came into view.

She looked terrified of them.

"Please help"

The two are caught off guard by this. They could see black veins running up her arms and legs, even her neck. They had never heard anyone under all for ones control speak to them like that, let alone not attack them on sight.

The two dropped their swords and faced the small girl, still on guard though.

"Is something the matter?"

She couldn't have been older than twelve.

"I don't know what's go-going on"

Tears started to trickle down her face. Izukus heart hurt for her, he tried to approach her but (Y/n) looked at him with caution.

"Can you tell us your name"

She shook her head lowly. Her face turned down so they couldn't read her as easily.

Was it cruel to be this cautious.

"I j-just have my paper"

A small scroll was now visible to both of them, tucked beneath her belt. Their eyes widened as the realization hit them. (Y/n) sheathed her sword and knelt down to her level. She wiped her tears away.

"May I see your paper, you can hold it I just want to read it"

"O-okay"

She unrolled the scroll and the two sat next to each other. It was apparent that the young girl couldn't read the writing. (Y/n) examined it with intent and kept a cool exterior.

'-the unquenchable desire for human flesh- the power to control anyone who's blood is mixed with your own'

She couldn't believe what she was looking at. She took a risk.

"What do you remember"

She started to sob and (Y/n) instinctively pet her hand between her shoulder blades.

"N-nothing, and it's been li-l-like this for four months. I don't know who I am, where this is, what this means. I can't take it anymore"

Urarakas words rung through her head.

'The only way to truly break a contract will result in death'

"I wish for death, please help"

(Y/n)s vision temporarily went out of focus.

"Are you sure"

She knew there was no going back for her. Followers could be turned back to normal, but someone who has made a contract cannot be saved.

"Yes"

The last thing she heard before the closed her eyes were the request for her paper. The paper she woke up with by that tree stump all those months ago, with the throbbing headache and bruise on her forehead. Everything hurt but she just couldn't seem to die. A tingling sensation spread from her toes to the crown of her head and she felt a cool sensation wash over her. The stress of her body released and she was finally at peace.

As the last of the dust particles blew away in the fog, (Y/n) spoke up.

"She was over 600 years old"

The contract had also disintegrated at this time. They were left confused.

"Why do you think she couldn't remember anything"

"I'm not sure"

(Y/n) didn't know how she felt about the whole situation, she wasn't given nearly enough information she needed to be content with herself. She didn't even know if she should feel bad for killing her. It was either this or an eternity of suffering and possibly hurting other innocent people.

She smiled in her last moments.

"How long do you think we've been walking?"

Izuku thought for a minute.

"I'm not sure, maybe a couple of hours."

He looked around for a second before approaching a tree. Before she was able to ask him what he was doing he jumped onto the branch and climbed up.

Izuku was shocked to be frank, it was nearly pitch black, the only light illuminating their path were the stars. He nearly lost his footing. It was so bright.

"What is it?"

(Y/n) poked her head through the branches and was caught off guard as well. She had never seen so many stars in the night sky, they almost blended together they were so plentiful.

"Maybe we should get some sleep"

Izuku said with a sheepish smile. (Y/n) chuckled softly and returned his grin.

"Yeah"

They found a thick, sturdy cluster of branches, which luckily wasn't that difficult to locate and made that their bed. They looped two of their legs around each other and she fell asleep relatively quickly on his shoulder.

Sleep didn't come to Izuku easily though.