vlog 58: one wrong move

l̷̢̩͖̯̈́̃͂̏͛͋̚o̴̯̮͓̮̫̭̼̒ą̶͇͓̺̳̳͚̳͖̼̀̇̈́̚͝d̵͈̗̠͔̹͕̰͍̜͓͋̅̎͛̀̉ï̶̱̲̦̖̈́͛͂̀n̸̝̮̝̅͗͑͐̆g̷̢̪̘̥̑̇̎͒̓͝͝ ̷̦̯͎̰̄d̸̨̢̳̳̳̹͙̭̯͛͠ͅi̷͍̖̳̲͓̹̥̔̓͜ș̷̯̘̺̜̦͎̐̑͆̌̈́c̴̢͉͔̬̜̱̼̠͓͎̊̄͋͝

. . .

𝚟𝚕𝚘𝚐 𝟻𝟾:
𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚠𝚛𝚘𝚗𝚐 𝚖𝚘𝚟𝚎

    jeongguk had successfully broken in, though his short patience cost them

jeongguk had successfully broken in, though his short patience cost them. the alarms of the facility began to blast through the place, their plan of being discrete was thrown out the window the moment jeongguk decided that they had waited long enough for taehyung. he knew something was wrong, something was telling him that this wouldn't work out from the beginning.

"shit, shit, shit, we're screwed, we're gonna be fed to those things now," namjoon panics and turns from wall to wall, "you fucked us over man, we're all screwed—"

"shut the hell up dude," yoongi grits his teeth, "you're scaring the kid."

duck has his pacifier in his mouth, biting it and suckling at it nonstop. "where's kim eunha?" jeongguk points to the hallways.

namjoon looks at him, "i-i don't know. she could be on the second floor, or in the basement or in the main lab rooms!"

     "uh-huh, guys," jimin points to the opposite side of a glass, showing the guards approaching them.

     "follow me, quick!" namjoon holds on tightly to the kid secured on his back, long legs starting to pick up pace as he leads the other boys through multiple hallways, taking right and left turns, opening doors and somehow manages to lock out the guards that were chasing them on the other side of the building. for someone who's scared, kim namjoon's brain has a machinery of its own.

     "give me the bat," he extends his hand out to jeongguk.

     jeongguk does as told, they watch as namjoon smashes the card reader, leaving the door locked for good. "i either just screwed us over or helped. the building is split up into three parts, right now, we're in block b, in the middle. if doctor kim has taehyung, then it makes the most sense to keep him in this block. here's the thing though. . . block c is closed. it's where the quarantine zone got out of hand and some of the infected got out. it's also our only way out now that the doors been closed for good."

shit.

     "ok great. we get taehyung and then run through an area blindly, excellent really," jimin runs a hand through his hair and chuckles out of nervousness.

     "you all wait for me at the end of this block, and i'll get taehyung," jeongguk says without another thought, eager to get his taehyung back.

     namjoon shakes his head, "you don't even know where to go."

     "the longer we stay here arguing the less time we have to get to taehyung and leave," yoongi jumps in, "jimin and i will take duck and wait here, you two get taehyung."

     jeongguk glances at namjoon and nods, "ok."

     ". . . ok."

     duck gets handed down to jimin, "taetae coming now?" the little boy asks.

     "i'm gonna bring him back," jeongguk pinches the little boys cheek.

     they bid farewell and jeongguk begins to follow namjoon through the halls, eyeing carefully every window and being precautious at every stop and corner. wherever taehyung was at, jeongguk was going to get him. he didn't care what stood in his way.

     the older male stops in front of a sectioned off hall, punching in numbers into the digital pad. the door opens and they quickly run in. "he's here," namjoon breathes out, turning the door's handle and opening it.

     it happens suddenly, a creature lunges at namjoon and knocks both of them to the floor. jeongguk jumps back and hits the zombie with his bat, managing to get him off of namjoon. with another bone crushing thud of his bat, the creature is dead.

     inside the lab room is a bloody mess with spilled contents and broken glass. jeongguk's heart stops. taehyung stands in the corner, his back facing them as a body lays still on the floor with bloodied arms and neck.

     "tae?" jeongguk takes a step closer, pausing when taehyung slowly starts turning towards him.

     there's black veins on his neck, his eyes are hazy and there's blood dripping down his mouth. jeongguk's biggest fear has turned into a reality. namjoon grabs jeongguk's shoulder, holding him back.

     the body on the floor is none other than eunha. taehyung turns around now, he lets out a noise and starts walking towards jeongguk. does he really have to do this? does jeongguk have the heart to kill—

     "jeongguk."

     taehyung sobs, reaching out to the raven. jeongguk wastes no time in catching taehyung, "oh god, tae."

     a wave of relief washes over jeongguk as he realizes that taehyung is still very much alive and in his arms once again.

     "you need to leave, all of you," taehyung wipes his mouth, "it's not safe here. get to the roof and there's a helicopter there already. but you need to be quick, they'll barge in. the doors are gonna give up soon."

     jeongguk frowns, "what's going on?"

     "dr jung is infected, he ran out and left the door to block c opened. he has the cure, i have to find him but i need you all to please leave. there's no time to explain, please jeongguk," taehyung drags both males out of the room, closing the door behind him.

     "namjoon hyung, you know this building. take them to the roof, and lock the door. if i make it, i'll unlock it with my moms key, now!" taehyung is about to start running in the other direction, but jeongguk grabs his arm and pulls him towards him.

     "i just got you back, i'm not letting you go again," he murmurs, shaking his head in denial.

     taehyung knows if he lets his heart cloud his judgment, he'll ditch his plan for jeongguk. but then that would result in none of them making it alive, and taehyung knew that that wasn't an option.

     "i-i know, but if you don't listen then you'll lose me and everyone here. please jeongguk, just one last time. then we can be safe," taehyung strokes jeongguk's cheek, "please."

     jeongguk's presses his forehead to taehyung's, eyes closed as he mutters a single word, "hurry."

     taehyung can't promise him anything as he watches jeongguk and namjoon go back to where the others were at. he knows one wrong move can jeopardize his plan. he knows he can't go with jeongguk on that helicopter. he knows safety was never his to guarantee. the virus inside his body would eventually take over if he didn't find dr jung with the cure. and if he did, he couldn't guarantee it would work.

a/n  hello readers, long time no see. 2 more chapters left!
also, huge thank you for the 190k reads on this story!  i never expected it to blow up, but i'm super super thankful. although i've been stirring away from kpop/taekook, this book holds a special place in my heart.