vlog 17: daybreak

l̷̢̩͖̯̈́̃͂̏͛͋̚o̴̯̮͓̮̫̭̼̒ą̶͇͓̺̳̳͚̳͖̼̀̇̈́̚͝d̵͈̗̠͔̹͕̰͍̜͓͋̅̎͛̀̉ï̶̱̲̦̖̈́͛͂̀n̸̝̮̝̅͗͑͐̆g̷̢̪̘̥̑̇̎͒̓͝͝ ̷̦̯͎̰̄d̸̨̢̳̳̳̹͙̭̯͛͠ͅi̷͍̖̳̲͓̹̥̔̓͜ș̷̯̘̺̜̦͎̐̑͆̌̈́c̴̢͉͔̬̜̱̼̠͓͎̊̄͋͝

. . .

𝚟𝚕𝚘𝚐 𝟷𝟽:
𝚍𝚊𝚢𝚋𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚔

     with their hands up in the air, seokjin takes a step forward, but halts when a gun is aimed right at his head

     with their hands up in the air, seokjin takes a step forward, but halts when a gun is aimed right at his head. "we're just trying to get out of busan, we ran into some trouble," he explains, "there's no need for more trouble."

     "there is no way out of busan. the cities swarmed in z's, the only luck you'll have is through vehicles. which, are under our watch," a girl speaks out, "if you want to survive, follow us."

and so they do.

«««»»»

     the girl's right. there's z's at almost every stop in the streets. luckily, they're inside the safety of a van that has been somewhat modified. of course, nothing was crazy efficient like in the movies. they drove past downtown and into the more secluded areas that were familiar with taehyung.

     they were heading to the rich neighborhoods. the woods that hid the roads were smeared with blood, and here and there taehyung can see a zombie creeping in the depth. jeongguk sits in front of him, eyes directly on taehyung. but the now mint haired boy avoids his gaze.

     i can't believe you kissed him, you idiot! jeon probably isn't even attracted to boys— especially you.

     they come to a stop in front of a gate, and with a single command from the driver, they open up. these houses belong to friends, and family members that taehyung suddenly seemed to remember. were they still here? "the rich folk left days before the outbreak. makes me wonder if they knew this was gonna happen," someone comments.

     "the rich folk always know shit others don't know," it's jeon who makes this comment.

     taehyung knows it's aimed at him. but he ignores the comment and continues looking out the window. sure enough, the houses were deserted. even the cars were there.

the car comes to a halt and everyone starts to pool out. taehyung had given duck to his hyung before getting inside the cars, so the only thing he was carrying was his backpack— he's surprised he hasn't lost the damn thing. indeed, they're parked in front of a wealthy home belonging to the lee's. taehyung wonders if he's ever been to this house for a party or a get together with his family. he can hardly remember his own home.

     their original group was scattered, but within seconds they were all in the middle of the new residents. "we have rules, if you can't follow them you'll be banished," the girl points to the gates, "we don't steal, everyone shares what's available. we'll provide you shelter and food for as long as you need, but getting out of busan will be all you," the girl, who taehyung figures is the leader figure, points to a house a couple feet down.

     "you and your group can stay in there. all the houses have been secured."

after discussing several things with seokjin and the unnamed girl, claudia, who had once again appeared, takes taehyung's arm and tugs him to the side, "we should share a room."

taehyung doesn't get to agree.

"he's already with me," jeon grabs his shoulder and pulls him back a little.

but claudia sees the panic in taehyung's eyes and she grabs his hand and pulls him back towards her. "i don't think taehyung wants to go with you," she looks at the brunette, "right taehyung?"

he looks from claudia to jeon, both of their eyes fixated on him as he battled with his mind. he really didn't want to be with jeon, not after he kissed him, but he kinda was with him, they were survival partners. but he'd feel more comfortable with claudia.

"i, uh," taehyung wasn't making up his mind.

with one last pull, jeon starts pulling him behind him, an iron grip on his wrist. seeing that taehyung didn't retaliate, claudia watches the two enter the house.

taehyung's heart is beating fast, and he already knows he's beat red when jeon starts looking for a room. he chooses one that's secluded from the rest. they step in and jeon lets go of taehyung's wrist.

the awkward silence that surrounds them is killed by jeon slipping inside the door that must've lead to their own bathroom. taehyung lets out a breath he didn't know he was holding in, letting his bag slip past his shoulders. jeon would surely kill him in here, yell at him for kissing him, hell, he'd probably call him disgusting for liking boys.

taehyung sits down on the plush bed. it's been a while since he's had the touch of silk sheets, and a clean environment. oddly enough, these luxuries reminded him of his house. his parents owned a residence on the other side of busan, though getting there wouldn't be possible.

just as he's relaxing, the door opens and jeon steps out. the raven runs a hand through his long locks, eyeing taehyung who refuses to look him in the eye.

"you can sleep on the bed, i'll take the couch," is all jeon says.

and for the rest of the night— those are the only words spoken.

a/n i promise the next chapter will be better 🥰 thank you for the support!!