vlog 47: dawn of the dead

l̷̢̩͖̯̈́̃͂̏͛͋̚o̴̯̮͓̮̫̭̼̒ą̶͇͓̺̳̳͚̳͖̼̀̇̈́̚͝d̵͈̗̠͔̹͕̰͍̜͓͋̅̎͛̀̉ï̶̱̲̦̖̈́͛͂̀n̸̝̮̝̅͗͑͐̆g̷̢̪̘̥̑̇̎͒̓͝͝ ̷̦̯͎̰̄d̸̨̢̳̳̳̹͙̭̯͛͠ͅi̷͍̖̳̲͓̹̥̔̓͜ș̷̯̘̺̜̦͎̐̑͆̌̈́c̴̢͉͔̬̜̱̼̠͓͎̊̄͋͝

. . .

𝚟𝚕𝚘𝚐 𝟺𝟽:
𝚍𝚊𝚠𝚗 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚍𝚎𝚊𝚍

     taehyung jolts awake at the sound of a dog barking in the distance

taehyung jolts awake at the sound of a dog barking in the distance. his body has chills run all over, his eyes ghost the windows. there's shadows that move around, and the deceiving tree branches look like arms trying to get in. he turns his head and looks at jeongguk, who's sleeping peacefully despite the harsh winds outside. the skies clash, rays of lightning disappearing as quick as they appear.

he scoots closer to jeongguk despite having yoongi laying next to him. taehyung doesn't mind thunderstorms, but for some odd reason, he has this weird feeling in his gut that he can't decipher. it's hard to close his eyes, all he sees are disturbing images that he'd rather not say. the gunshots from downtown are still going on, it's almost past midnight.

why don't they have it under control?

what sounds like the gate rattling outside makes taehyung freeze, hand curling around jeongguk's bicep, his breath hitches. but then the noise stops. taehyung shakes jeongguk's arm, "gguk, there's something outside."

the younger doesn't budge. the rattling begins again, and taehyung finally jolts up, "there's something outside!"

everyone wakes up in alert, sleep still present in them. "what's wrong? what?"

jeongguk, despite barely even seeing in the dark, manages to bring taehyung close, shielding him between his arms. "there's something trying to get in," taehyung repeats.

"oh god, it couldn't of gone somewhere else?" jimin whines, pressing himself against the bottom of the couch. they had been sleeping on the floor, with multiple duvets laid beneath them.

yoongi and jeongguk stand up, each of them grabbing their designated weapons. (the bat that jeongguk still hadn't lost and a crowbar that yoongi had found in one of the closests.) "mom and hyung said their part of the town is secured, it's probably just an animal," yoongi mumbles, "we'll go outside and see."

taehyung gives jeongguk a worried look, "no! what if it's zombies? then what?"

"it's fine, we'll be inside the gate anyways," jeongguk adds, giving yoongi an approving nod.

     taehyung and jimin watch as the two step outside with caution, staring out the window and keeping a look out for anything strange.

     yoongi takes the first step towards the gate, peeking through the small openings in the doors. there's nothing but darkness in the street. jeongguk walks to the other side, and what he sees sends him running back to yoongi.

     "hyung, i think we should head back inside. look over there," he points to where the creature lurks.

     yoongi follows the direction of jeongguk's finger. his eyes widen.

     this creature isn't like the rest. it's huge, like in every aspect. it has to stand taller than both of them, and it drags its feet across the ground as it begins to approach them. they rush back inside, closing the door gently and pushing one of the sofas against it.

     "what is it?" taehyung asks jeongguk, following him as he begins blowing out the few candles that had stayed on in the kitchen.

     "it's not like the rest," jeongguk answers, "we need to keep as quiet as possible. block out the windows ok? can you do that?"

     taehyung's heart beats faster, but he nods nonetheless. he takes jimin with him, pushing wardrobes in front of windows. "do the military have a phone number? i'm sure they could take care of it," jimin says.

     "i'm not sure, but the shooting hasn't stoped," taehyung responds, freezing as he approaches the next window.

he sees it. the creature outside isn't just a zombie, it's a complete monster from a horror movie. it's head towers over the fence, black veins stretch all over its body and he can see the visible bite marks on its neck. mutation. it looks like he could burst at any moment given how swollen his body looked. taehyung is oddly fascinated yet terrified.

jimin stands next to him and carefully looks out as well. "that's terrifying," he comments, pushing the curtains together.

     taehyung agrees, and the two go back to yoongi and jeongguk. "so we just wait it out?"

     "i think that's the best thing we can do. once the crowd of zombies out there gets taken care of, we can head out," yoongi says, nodding to himself.

     taehyung speaks up, "i don't think we should stay in andong. i think we should leave for good."

     "and go where?" jeongguk asks, eyebrows raised.

     taehyung shrugs, "i-i don't know, just somewhere safer."

     "if you want to go to namhae you can always take the next boat that comes."

     the two of them stare at each other intensely. hadn't they just made up? taehyung swallows the lump that forms in his throat, looking down at the ground. i only stayed for you. . . jimin notices and stands next to taehyung, "i agree with you tae. large populations can be dangerous, even with the military stationed here, i also think we should leave."

     jeongguk purses his lips, realization of what he had just say hitting him. he didn't mean it in a bad way, fuck, his mouth moves faster than his brain, way too often. he looks at jimin, who's glaring at him while protectively putting his arm around taehyung. now wasn't a good time to get jealous.

     "i'm gonna go get some water," taehyung mumbles, excusing himself from the living room.

     before jeongguk can follow taehyung and apologize, jimin grabs his arm and keeps him in place, "i think you've done enough. don't think i don't know what's going on between the two of you. whatever you're doing, stop. taehyung won't be a victim of your cruel promise jeongguk. you're sister wouldn't want that."

     jeongguk shoves jimin off of him, "you don't get to talk about my sister like you knew her. i don't need to remind you who she killed herself in front of do i?"

     "and i don't need to remind you that it's only one persons fault, not everyone who comes from wealth."

     yoongi watches the two bicker in hushed whispers, he looks towards the kitchen, making sure taehyung isn't aware of what's going on. luckily, taehyung is still busy in the kitchen.

     as the soon begins to rise from its slumber, yoongi approaches the window, peeking outside for any sight of the mutated zombie.

     but what he sees is worse.

     along the shoreline, on the other side of the river that's partially visible from their side, is a swarm of black figures. they all stand, not daring to cross the water.

     "guys," yoongi calls out, "come check this out."

     they all do as told.

     "we got ourselves a dawn of the dead."

a/n tensioooooon!!
can't wait for the climax of the story hehe
also, i might just publish my new tk fanfic, i've been really excited abt it since i started jotting the plot down :)))))
i'm aware we're not fans of jk rn, but he'll have his redemption