vlog 37: for the last time

l̷̢̩͖̯̈́̃͂̏͛͋̚o̴̯̮͓̮̫̭̼̒ą̶͇͓̺̳̳͚̳͖̼̀̇̈́̚͝d̵͈̗̠͔̹͕̰͍̜͓͋̅̎͛̀̉ï̶̱̲̦̖̈́͛͂̀n̸̝̮̝̅͗͑͐̆g̷̢̪̘̥̑̇̎͒̓͝͝ ̷̦̯͎̰̄d̸̨̢̳̳̳̹͙̭̯͛͠ͅi̷͍̖̳̲͓̹̥̔̓͜ș̷̯̘̺̜̦͎̐̑͆̌̈́c̴̢͉͔̬̜̱̼̠͓͎̊̄͋͝

. . .

𝚟𝚕𝚘𝚐 𝟹𝟽:
𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚕𝚊𝚜𝚝 𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚎

     after yoongi's mom comes to check up on them and they share a meal together, they take a trip down to the lake

after yoongi's mom comes to check up on them and they share a meal together, they take a trip down to the lake. it's small, and chilly, but it serves as a distraction to the cruel reality. taehyung has never been this close to the countryside of korea, all he was used to were skyscrapers and fancy restaurants and dress shops. it was rather relaxing, being away from the noise and all. the atmosphere felt clean and freeing. after this, taehyung would surely move to the countryside.

     "why don't you all go explore around? just don't get too close to that side over there, it's heavily guarded, don't want them to confuse you," yoongi's mom is a warm lady who looks younger than she really is.

     duck tugs at taehyung's sweater, pointing to the rocky shore. "can duck pway? pwease?"

     taehyung would have to be heartless to say no to the small child, so he nods and takes his hand, taking him close enough to the shore but still far from the cold waters. the little boy sits down on a large flat rock and starts digging up sand with an empty cup.

jimin joins them, sitting down next to duck. "why don't you go jeongguk set up the tent? i'll stay with duck," jimin tells taehyung, smiling cheekily.

taehyung doesn't think much about it, agreeing and making his way into the trees, where the truck was parked at after being told that's where jeongguk was at. he carefully walks around fallen tree limbs and avoids stepping in the mud as he maneuvers through tall plants. the truck isn't parked too far away, but it still takes a good minute to cross the small section of forest.

     jeongguk is sitting on the back of the truck, on the phone with someone. taehyung doesn't want to interrupt the call, so he stays pressed against the side of the vehicle, waiting for jeongguk to finish his call. "don't worry hyung, we're all safe. yeah, don't worry i'm not doing anything stupid. i'm in andong now," he finally sees taehyung, "well stay safe over there, keep in touch. bye," he puts his phone away.

     "jimin said you might need help with the tent," taehyung puts his hands behind his back, "i'm not very strong but i can try to help."

     jeongguk frowns, "what tent?"

     huh. taehyung stutters, looking around for any tent materials. "oh," he murmurs as he realizes there's no tent. a droplet of water hits his nose, "never mind then, i'll head back."

     but the world has other plans and so it begins raining harshly, the drops hitting the ground with a rather loud impact. "get inside," jeongguk jumps off the back and goes to the drivers seat, unlocking the truck and getting in.

     taehyung follows, closing the door quickly and pats the rain out of his hair, brushing it out of his eyes. gosh, his hair is overgrown and it's starting to curl at the ends. jeongguk reaches into the backseat and hands taehyung a small thin blanket. selfishly, he takes it, but then he realizes that jeongguk is only wearing a long sleeve shirt, while he has an extra sweater on.

     "you can have it, i'm good," he extends it out and tries to wrap it around jeongguk, who refuses it and pushes it back.

     taehyung hands it back to him, "i insist, just take it, you might catch a cold," again, he leans forward and tries to wrap it around the younger, but jeongguk is quicker. he grabs taehyung's arms and holds him in place. his breath hitches in his throat as he looks down at jeongguk, eyes wildly looking at each other's faces. jeongguk slowly brings taehyung closer to him, taehyung's upper half leaning across the seats as he lets himself be supported by jeongguk's shoulders.

"wh-what a-are you doing?" taehyung whispers, feeling his chest tighten up as jeongguk's eyes fall to his lips.

     "i don't know," jeongguk replies, "i don't know."

     their lips are inches away, they're so close, so so close to touching. . .

     . . . a loud slap against the window sends taehyung scurrying to the passenger seat, heat rising to his cheeks as jimin opens the back door, "what were you two doing?"

     "nothing!" jeongguk answers rather quickly, "are we heading back?"

     jimin nods. "hyungie! duck found this!" the little boy hands taehyung a rock, which he wow's at. the rest get inside the vehicle, squeezing in together. taehyung and jeongguk, being the bigger two of the group, stay in the front seats as they drive back to the town.

     "sorry the trip was boring boys, this weather wasn't expected," ms min apologizes, but everyone is quick to tell her it's alright.

     taehyung wants answers, but jeongguk ignores him even when they get to the house after dropping off yoongi's hyung and his mother. so taehyung goes to sleep with a hazy mind and a troubled heart.

     jeongguk was going to kiss him.

a/n a lil filler chapter before the big one 👀 after 37 chapters, i think you guys will like this next one :))))