Chapter 48 : Unwavering Trust

"Ready to go?" Omkara asked entering the room.

"Yeah, yeah. I guess I took everything!"Gauri spoke to herself looking around then walked towards him.

"Okay, then, let's leave." He remarked wearing his sunglasses. 

Gauri smiled following him out. Their honeymoon time was finally here. After much debate they had finally decided on visiting two places. Gauri wanted to spend some time at a beach city and Omkara wanted to visit Kerala so they had planned their holiday accordingly. Goa was too overrated for Omkara so they were catching a flight to Dabolim and then heading to Gokarana which was also famous for its beaches. 

Gauri was slowly adapting to their married life like Omkara. The best part of her day had to be evening walks with her husband. It wasn't as hard as she thought it would be. And, she was learning to love him wholeheartedly again.

Over the last weekend she had helped Omkara set up the terrace room as his art room. They had quite some fun. Occasional stolen kisses and endless chatter and banters.

Omkara had already rented a SUV, which was waiting for them at Dabolim airport. Gauri had dressed up in summer dress. She looked like the typical newlywed woman on a honeymoon thanks to the heavy set of bride bangles. Omkara had close to literally begged her to get rid of those bangles, at least, during their honeymoon time. Gauri didn't pay any heed to his pleas. She was absolutely in love with her set of bridal bangles.

Omkara was driving, while Gauri sat in the passenger seat beside him  enjoying the light breeze. Conversation was smooth between them as they discussed roads, weather and random topics like that. They were eventually going back to being the best friends they were once upon a time.

Gauri was in a very jovial mood. She abruptly leaned towards his side and left a kiss on his cheek.

Omkara grinned focusing on the road, "wow, what was that a reward for?" He asked amused.

"Why? It's our honeymoon." Gauri smiled settling in her seat such that her face looked at him. 

"Hmm, that it is!" Omkara replied. "Did I tell you, you stil look gorgeous in pink?" He said referring to her pink summer-dress.

Gauri laughed. "Really?"

"You remember?" He smiled glancing at her with twinkling eyes.

"Of course, we were so stupid in those days. But nonetheless, I think we had the time of our life."

"That double date was a serious disaster, Gauri!" He remarked chuckling.

Gauri smiled. "You know, that day, when your date was that stupid Scott and I was with Shakespearean Nerd. I actually started realizing that I like you."

Omkara's grin transformed into a heartfelt smile.

Gauri adored his smile an easy silence falling between them. She turned up the music and sat back. She was really happy. Although, there was a lot that scared her. Like her inability to have painless sex or giving Omkara the chance to be a father. But there was hope in her heart. Maybe they would find happiness in each other.

"What are you thinking?" He asked, noticing that she was lost in her head.

Gauri smiled looking at him, "that somehow you're looking sinfully handsome today!"

Omkara laughed, "Am I?" 

"Hmmm," Gauri grinned.

"Maybe the trim," he pointed out caressing his jaw.