Chapter 10 : Aftermath

Shivaay had never seen Omkara so vulnerable. Last night, when he had returned after dropping Gauri and his mother in law, he had found Omkara sitting by the parapet wall on the terrace. He had walked up to his brother and sat beside him. At once Omkara was hugging him.

"She was pregnant when I left her... I just left her alone like that..." Omkara had muttered dejectedly. "Shivaay-- she said she never cheated... she, she still ----loves me. Shivaay I messed up... " The man wouldn't stop sobbing. 

Shivaay sighed running his palm over his brother's head. He was still asleep. Last night would have been terrible for him. Shivaay could only imagine the hurt and pain.

Omkara was never the one to complain, cry or be bitter about what he didn't get or what went wrong. He was nice, kind and had a golden heart. Isn't it always a golden bird that gets caged? The Omkara that Shivaay knew had transformed into that caged bird. A hopeless bird who no longer sang songs in sweet melody. Caged in hurt, pain, guilt, regret and what not. 

Shivaay was helpless. He wished he could do something to make Omkara's pain go away, to make him happy again. He quietly moved got he door of the room, wondering if he should tell his mother about it all. Everytime any of them were in trouble, Pinky was their go to person. Although, little Rudra was Pinky's apple of the eye, their was no doubt that she loved Omkara and Shivaay just the same. 

Shivaay glanced over his shoulder to look at his sleeping brother. Maybe he should just let Omkara take the call. Perhaps he should just talk it out with him. Daadi would have probably done that. Omkara was close to Daadi too, but he never really mourned when she left them. Shivaay was certain he had gone through a hell similar to what he had gone through in that period but he never showed. 

"How is Om?" Anika asked him when he entered the room.

"Sleeping," Shivaay answered excusing himself for a shower. He needed to sort out his mind. 

* * *

Mrs. Talwar sat beside Gauri who was fast asleep. The poor girl had been crying through the night and had only fallen a sleep an hour ago. Mrs. Talwar had never thought that anyone other than her Anika could have a place in her heart until she met Gauri. She couldn't explain the connection she had with Gauri or the why part of it but it certainly hurt to see her so broken. 

Maybe the first time she had met Gauri, she saw herself in Gauri, a single mother. But after whatever happened, after that, Gauri had become her second daughter. 

Maybe she felt that connection with Gauri, because Gauri was a fighter, a warrior just like her late husband. 

Mrs. Talwar couldn't quite tell what it was but Gauri had a piece of her heart just like Anika did. She wiped the tears that had stealthily made down her cheek. She would make Gauri happy again. So happy, that Gauri wouldn't cry again. No matter how hard it was or how long it took. She would bring back happiness in Gauri's life.

She quietly slipped out of the room letting Gauri take some much needed rest.

* * *

Shivaay had expected Omkara to skip breakfast. Hence he hadn't left for office but had waited for Omkara to reach his car. Once he had, Shivaay quickly sat in the passenger seat beside him.

"Shivaay!" Omkara said in a very tired voice, he wouldn't even turn his face. He had huge sun glasses covering his eyes. "Please." He muttered.

"We need to talk, Om!" Shivaay said turning in his seat to look at his brother.