Chapter 39 : Little Things

Gauri woke up to find herself nestled in his arms. Her lips eventually curved up realizing that her leg was over him. His chest was right before her eyes. She slowly withdrew herself from him. She sat up, admiring the peaceful face she absolutely loved. He looked so calm in sleep, like a lake. Unable to hold herself back she leaned closer and kissed his forehead lightly, just like she used to once upon a time.

"Good morning!" She wished, surprised to find Omkara sitting in bed with his attention on his phone when she step pout of he washroom. She didn't understand how could people look at notifications first thing in the morning.

"Morning, Gauri!" He wished, half of his attention still on typing out something on his phone.

Gauri quietly observed him until he hurriedly left the phone on the bed and disappeared into the washroom. She made her side of the bed, folded the comforter and put it inside the cupboard. She was selecting her clothes for the day when Omkara stepped out.

"What time do you usually leave for office?" She asked peeping from behind the open door of the cupboard.

"Whenever I am ready to!" He answered with a shrug of his shoulders.

Gauri nodded, "make your side of the bed!"

Omkara rolled his eyes and made his way to do as he was told. Life at his home was very laid back. They had servants to take care of everything and Omkara had gotten very used to that. Only now he realized that he barely did any of the basic chores of his room. He remembered how Gauri always made him do his side of the bed even in the past. He smiled to himself as he got himself to do the task.

"You are not going to have your tea first?" Omkara asked surprised as he saw Gauri walk toward the bathroom with clothes in her hand. 

"No, I usually get ready and then have tea with breakfast!"

Omkara briefly nodded, mumbling a "oh!" 

Gauri smiled to herself entering the bathroom. From the past few days she had been noticing how he remembered the little things about her. It was endearing. She wasn't the only one who remembered the deets.

* * *

They were devouring tasty parathas that Mrs. Talwar had made when she placed a bill near Gauri asking her to pay it online. Omkara listened as the two discussed about monthly groceries and other stuff. 

"If you both don't mind, let me handle the bills?" He asked after overcoming his sense hesitation. 

"Sure!" Gauri answered shifting the bill towards him. 

"Choti!" Mrs. Talwar looked at Gauri.

"What? He is the man of the house. Let us give him some responsibility. He doesn't cook, so don't expect anything there." Gauri said.

Omkara didn't know if she was taking his side or otherwise. He concluded it was two in one. "I can make tea, maggi, and, sandwiches!" He added thoughtfully.

Mrs. Talwar smiled, "it's okay Omkara. You can take care of the bills." 

"I can do the grocery as well!" Omkara offered. 

"No, you can't." Gauri said turning to look at him. "Anyways, I love doing that so let me take care of that!"

"Fine, it's not like I can't! And everything is online now." He spoke.

"I prefer the old way of going to the supermarket, reading the expiry dates of products and then putting them in the cart."

"And of course, compare between brands!" Omkara muttered.