22.

I sink more into the blanket, trying to find comfort. I've been trying to fall asleep for almost a whole hour, but sleep was the last thing in my mind right now. Somewhere in my heart, I wanted Jaden to sneak into my room and hold me tight in his arms.

After a few seconds of thinking, I've finally decided that I wanted to be with him right now. It's only ten o'clock, he probably isn't asleep yet. I tiptoed out of the room once I made sure that nobody had seen me. I was glad that the hall's lights were still on, I was a little bit afraid of the dark.

Not the darkness specifically, but what's laying in the dark. Guess I've been watching too many horror films lately. I gulped and tried paying attention to the path ahead of me. But then again I wasn't sure if I should go at all. What if Jaden is asleep?

I walked farther down towards the hall with a little frown on my face. Unfortunately, Jaden's room was a long walk away. The farther I walked the light dimmed more and more.

"Damn, bonito culo bebe." I hear a male voice call. I farrow my eyebrows and turn around to see who it was. The voice was deep yet rough. I tilted my head slightly, "Hi."

The boy looked much older than me. He had dark brown eyes, which looked almost black, tan brown skin, and sharp features that looked quite scary. "Hola babe." Although I didn't understand Spanish, I still knew what he had said. Hola means Hi. I felt proud of myself for some reason.

"What are you doing here all alone at this time of the night?" He scans my body from head to toe and back up again. His eyes suddenly stop when it reaches my chest. His weird stare was making me feel so uneasy. I step back a bit and pull my hair to my shoulder.

"I was just walking around." I lied. What if he complains about me to one of the teachers?

"Not sleepy huh?" The boy smirked. I flutter my eyes away from him and nod. "Um- I should leave now," I tell him. He took a step towards me and held his hand for me to shake. "I'm Carlos."

I was having mixed feelings about all this. "L-Lily." I stuttered. All of a sudden Carlos forcefully grips my wrist and pulls me close to his embrace. My eyes widened, "what are you-" my voice drops out of the nervousness.

"Quite niñita, we'll have some fun. I'll go easy on you if you don't struggle." He smirked at me seductively. My heartbeat caught on pace as his grip around my wrist tightened.

"Sto-stop!" I watched him with terror. His large hand covered my mouth which muffled the scream that had left my lips. My eyes watered at the thought of this man touching me inappropriately. I whimpered under his gaze as he brings his hand to my neck and creases it a little.

"Stop, please stop," I repeated, begging him to stop. I tried pushing him away but he wouldn't budge. Then I was dragged to a corner, the more I struggled, the more pain he caused me.

His hand left my wrist and wrapped around my waist.

"If you play nice kitten, I'll make this good for you. Maybe you'll enjoy this as much as I will." He spits causing me to flinch. My eyes widened when he leans in towards my face. "St-stop, please!" I cried.

"She said stop." I exhaled a breath of relief when I hear a familiar voice say out of nowhere. Carlos let go of his grip around my neck and turned around, his other hand still around my waist.

Jaden stared at the man with a dangerous look in his eyes. "Stay away from this kid," Carlos warns. Before I could even react to anything, Jaden flickered a blade across the man's wrist.

"This is my fucking business." Jaden clenched his jaw as the brown-eyed boy collapsed down to the floor with loud, painful screams leaving his mouth. I didn't even notice the blood that was trickling down my chin. The man must've left a mark on my neck when he almost choked me.