3.

S T U D E N T S were in small groups, laughing, smiling, and chatting. They all looked like they were having lots of fun. I hope I get to make new friends.

"Ready?" Momma asked from the driver's seat. I was seated in the back seat with my backpack on my lap. My mom doesn't let me sit in the front seat unless it's a small distance from where we're heading.

I gave her a small nod as we step out of the car. I immediately feel tons of eyes glaring at me. They almost looked upset seeing me.

I took a deep breath before following my mom inside the huge building. The number of glares only got larger, as I started entering the school.

It made me feel uncomfortable with all the unwanted attention I was receiving. Some girls were making faces after looking at me.

It seemed like my mom didn't notice it yet. If she did then she'd immediately drag me out of that school.

I didn't want her to see me feeling nervous or uncomfortable, so I kept quiet and tried to ignore it.

My attention fall on a group of guys who were looking at me weirdly. It almost made me want to hide behind someone.

I held Momma's hand as we entered the main office. Inside there was a huge desk in the middle of the room. An old lady was seated there and was typing up something on the computer.

She raised her eyebrows as she saw us enter. "You must be new." She narrowed her eyes at me. I shyly nodded and smiled.

"Well, welcome to Atlas High." She sighed. She seemed stressed and unhappy to see me. A frown took over my face as I realized no one was happy to see a new student.

"She's Lillian Grant, she's new to this public school," Momma stated. The lady gave a single nod and started typing up something on her computer again.

"I'm Mrs. Smith, your new vice-principal. If you need anything just come by, but only when it's the office hours." Mrs. Smith said before handing me a little notebook and a folder.

The little notebook had the school's name written in bold letters and a picture of a tiger in the middle.

"Those are your agenda, and in the folder is your schedule with a few important papers." Mrs. Smith said before quickly going back to her computer.

Momma and I exited the office after we were done. There were only a few people around us, as most of them went to their classrooms.

"If you need help or anything like that just ask the teacher or any other friendly-looking people. And if you need to chat with me then head to the office and ask for the school's phone." Momma reminded.

I never had a phone before. Momma said she'll get me one when she thinks I'm mature enough. I always tell her I'm mature and old but she would always disagree.

"Okay," I smiled. "Don't forget to eat your lunch and complete all your assignments." She said for the hundredth time.

I nodded and gave her a small hug before waving bye. I took a look at my schedule and a slight smile appeared on my face.

I was really happy with the classes I got. I applied to take a few of the senior year classes. I wasn't mad about it, after all, I was just gonna learn more.

I walk around the building for a while until I reach my locker. There were only a few lockers in this hallway. My classrooms were on the other side of the building.

I was glad that nobody was around but it also made me a bit nervous.

I put away the unnecessary books into my locker and grab the books I need for my Art class. Just as I was about to leave the hallway, the bell rang.

"Oh no, I'll be late," I whispered to myself. I somehow felt like I was being watched all along. It made me feel uneasy. I ignored my thoughts and sighed before closing my locker shut.

"I see Momma finally let her little princess leave their little palace." A deep, husky voice said behind me.

I turned around and my eyes immediately connected with two beautiful green ones. I gasped as I realized who it belongs to.

"Woah there kitty, relax." He exclaimed. He must've noticed my breathing and my heart rate. To be honest, I wasn't expecting to see him.

I didn't like him, at all. When I was younger he'd always make fun of me. I cried several times because of him.

"I won't eat you..." he started.

"Unless you want me to." He whispered softly into my ear. I had no clue what he was trying to say yet my mind was telling me it was something wrong.

"So naive."

He stepped a bit closer, which made me jump in surprise. He suddenly grasped my wrist which made me drop my books onto the cold floor.

I flinched as he dragged me closer to him. My eyes were shut closed but I could sense him smirking down at me.

"J-Jaden?" I shuttered. I slowly open my eyes to see him already staring at me. He quietly mumbled something to himself and let go of my wrist.

I quickly bent down to grab my fallen books, as the clock was still ticking. I really didn't want to be late on my first day of school.

I felt him looking down at me with a frown plastered on his face. It wasn't exactly a frown, it had annoyance mixed to it.

"You shouldn't be wearing those things." He stated. I got up and scrunched my eyebrows together in confusion.

"W-why?" I stuttered again. I didn't like how nervous I felt around him. He stared down at me with a blank face. "Because I said so." He said.

Huh?

"But I can wear them if I want to." I huffed in annoyance. Whenever I went outside to my front yard or my garden he'd always say those things.

"You can't wear that!" "You can't have this!" "You can't read that!" "You can't play with those." "You can't do that!"

"No, you can't." He grunts. It scared me the way he was glaring at me.

And my eyes fell onto the floor, once again. He is always so mean to me. He always tells me what to do. He's always been so rude and bossy, even when we were little.

"Do you understand?" He asked in a serious tone. I slowly nodded trying to end this conversation here and then. "Use your words, Lily."

"Yes," I said quietly. I didn't even know if he heard me or not.

I hear him let out a sigh.

I had no clue why he was always so mean to me. I had no clue why he always made fun of me. I had no clue why he always tells me what to do.

I really didn't.

"Don't you have classes to go to?" He cleared his throat. I gave him a small nod as a response.

I shook off my thoughts before exiting the hallway to go find my classroom.