39.

W A R N I N G
(Please be aware that this chapter will contain some mature scenes near the end, skip if you'd like)

I flip a page and turn to the back where my schedule was printed. I carefully look through it, trying to memorize my room number.

"202" I repeat to myself a few times. I ended up taking a picture of my schedule and saving it to my camera roll so it's easier for me to stare at it for longer without my hand hurting.

I later shove the papers in my bag and continue my search. I draw out my breath once I finally reach my destination.

Now I stood in front of a huge door with my palms sweaty as I slowly turn the knob around. I push open the heavy door with force and step inside my office for the very first time.

It was quite empty.

A large rectangular wooden desk in the middle with a black leathered chair next to it. Two more chairs were opposite from mine. A wide-screened computer was laid in the exact center of the desk along with its keyboard and mouse.

The room was warm even though I thought it'd be cold from the gigantic glass wall behind my desk which covered the whole background. You could see the entire Manhattan streets below.

I walk over to my desk and just then I notice a name tag on the corner. A small yet contented smile formed on my lips.

I run my fingers over the thick and delegate carvings of my name. Lilian Grant, personal secretary.

The office seemed neat but it still needed some touch-ups. The only person I could think of at the moment was my mom. Because she's home today for the teacher's workday and she definitely wouldn't mind helping me decorate my room just the way I want.

I want it to feel like a second home, warm and welcoming.

I then pull out a drawer that was filled with a bunch of office supplies. Sticky notes, pens, highlighters, notepads, and many other items which I probably won't even use.

I pace around the room waiting for my mom very eagerly. Just then I receive a message from her telling me to get my stuff. I didn't waste any time before running out of my cabin and walking out to the parking lot.

I thank mom for bringing me the things and carry a large box inside the building. I got many glances from people here and there but I didn't care. I was way too focused on my office.

I hurry up through an elevator and walk down a long hall into my office before closing the door after me.

I began with a few pictures of me and my family first. I place them on the walls and on top of some selves being careful not to drop any of the binders in the process.

Then I grabbed some chips and snacks and shove them into an empty drawer. I placed some greeneries on top of a counter and another one on top of a shelf.

I just rearranged the entire room to my wish. Now it looks more like it. I smile at my accomplishment but it soon turns into a worried frown as I realized that I just wasted a whole hour doing stupid shit when I was supposed to be doing work.

But what work? I'm not familiar with any of this. I mean, I only applied for this job because of an ad I saw online and I didn't think I'd actually get hired that quickly without any problems.

I don't know if I should be worried about that or be proud of myself.

Either way, I'm getting paid a nice amount for receiving and recording calls from random people and doing a few paper works. Sounds easy enough.