31.

W E all have ups and downs in our life, but there's always someone to be there for you, but what if you don't have that someone?

How do you cope with the heartbreak?

How do I cope with the heartbreak?

I've learned that not everything in the world is full of rainbows and unicorns, in a hard way.

Sometimes you just have to let bad things happen to you in order for you to grow.

"Snacks?"

"Check."

"Pills?"

"Yup."

"Condo-"

"Mom, I'm not going there to have sex. It's only a job interview." I felt like the need to slap my face in disappointment.

"I know but..." she started talking but was immediately cut off when I got a hint of what she was about to say.

"I don't want to be in a relationship right now, mom. And you know that." I sigh.

"You need to move on sweetie." My mom probably said this exact same thing for the hundredth time already, knowing how irritated I get.

"I did move on! I just don't wanna be in a relationship," I cleared. My mom lets out a deep breath before nodding. She handed me the glass of water from the corner table.

"I only want the best for you Lily, and right now I'm feeling like you aren't happy. You need to live your life, you can't let those pain-filled memories overtake your heart. You met the right guy in the wrong time, Lillian. And you know I wouldn't have normally said all these things if you had just a little more time-" she paused.

"Let it go, mom, we can't change this. You knew something like this would've happened sooner or later." I shrugged. Honestly, I'm not mad at my destiny. I'm just upset that I wouldn't be able to fulfill all my wishes.

"Sorry Lily, I know I've been a horrible mom in the past. I was just so scared for you that I didn't even understand the concept of letting you live your teenage life. If it wasn't for me, maybe you would've known better not to trust anywho." She started.

"Ok ok enough mom, it's all good. I'm all good, I promise," I sigh.

"Come on, I'll meet you downstairs when you're done taking your medicine." She smiled through the pain.

After I swallowed my morning pills, I hurried out of my room with one last look at my surroundings. Ugh, I'll miss this place so much. Why am I acting like I'm moving away forever?

Basically, I got an email a week ago saying that I could apply to this huge company. I moved to New York with my family two years ago to complete my studies. Fortunately, I got excepted to one of the most prestigious colleges in all states.

Smiling, I shut my bedroom door and left. By the time I was downstairs, my mom was a whole mess. She paced around the room, feeling very worried. While my dad, on the other hand, sat on the sofa with newspapers in his hands.

"Alright, wish me luck." I broke the terrible silence. Mom looked up at me and gave me a nervous smile. She looked even more nervous than me.