37.

L I L Y' S P O V

I slowly flutter my eyes halfway open feeling too tired to open them fully. I feel a strong and painful throb in my head as I try to adjust to the light peeking through the heavy curtains, sunlight filling up the entire room.

I sink myself more into the mattress, trying to find comfort. I pull the blanket over my face and try to fall back asleep.

"Fucking hell," I whisper to myself before pulling the blanket off of me. I was just about to get up until I hear a grunt. Which was not me of course, I mean, I do sound like a man sometimes when I wake up but this sound was way too deep and masculine. Like a goddamn beast.

With my heart thumping against my chest and my plums sweaty from the intense nervousness, I decided to look at the beast on my bed.

My body reacted immediately letting out a loud shaky scream. That was enough to wake him up, he furrowed his brows and covered his ears.

"What the fuck is your problem?" He groans.

I flutter my eyes a few times in surprise, "You- what the fuck are you doing in my bed?" I question.

"I-" before he could even form a sentence I quickly press my finger on his lips to hush him. I could hear the sounds of footsteps approaching my room.

"Lily are you alright?" It was my dad yelling from the stairs maybe. The footsteps were becoming louder making my heart thump faster. He's going to be furious if he sees me with a guy, especially him.

Jaden.

I force him to get up and rush him to the bathroom before pushing him inside with all my force and shutting the door behind ewhen I get in too.

Jaden's eyes slightly widened in amusement, "What the-" I didn't let him finish. My hand quickly hovers over his mouth, muffling his voice.

"I'm okay Papa! It- it was just a roach!" I look away from Jaden and yell out my words so he can hear me loud and clear.

"A roach? Are you sure hun? It sounded like you seen a ghost or something." I could sense him roll his eyes in disappointment.

"Ye- yeah, it was just really big," I look up at Jaden as I speak. His brows were raised and his eyes were staring deep into my soul like he'd take it away from me in any second.

I'd let him.

What?

"Oh- okay. I'm going to go to sleep now, had a really rough time at work. Make some coffee for me when you're out of the shower please." And with that, my dad walks back downstairs.

I gulp.

I cannot explain how scared I was for a second.

"You're really killing me right now," Jaden said as I scrunch my brows together in confusion. I move my hand away from his mouth and watch him take in a deep breath.

I stare at him for a second and he was staring back at me with such intensity. Those mint green eyes could beat my brown ones any day. I felt like they had some kind of magnet attached to it which attracted me.