9.

A M Y went silent for a couple of seconds before opening her mouth once again. "Well, good." She finally said while taking a large bite out of her hamburger.

"Why?" I ask softly. I was suddenly curious. To be honest, Jaden was very mysterious and hard to read.

"You don't know?!" Amy raised her eyebrows. I quickly furrow mine in confusion. Why did she seem so surprised?

"Um ok anyways, so there are many rumors about that boy who keeps on staring at you-" She started.

"I know I know, he's very attractive, hot, smart, tall, charming, but that won't make me forget all those rumors." She rolled her eyes.

"What rumors?" I asked tilting my head slightly.

"Well, I heard that he's in a-" before she can finish the sentence, the bell rang, notifying us that lunchtime is over.

"Ok, I have to go. I'll tell you later." Without wasting another minute, Amy stood up and left in a hurry.

She left me confused and somewhat curious.

I spent the rest of the day thinking about what Amy had said.

Amy's way of speaking left me frustrated. I don't know why but I really wanted to know more about Jaden.

I've been seeing him since I was six, but I never really got to know much about that boy.

-

My mom surprisingly didn't react much when I asked for permission to go out with Ashly.

She said she doesn't mind. I surely was expecting her to say no. But she did get a bit worried at first. She asked me a ton of questions about my friend.

She said she just wants to see me happy. I wouldn't have forced her into letting me go out either if she had said no. I just want to do things everyone else gets to do.

I don't want to stay at home all the time. I want see the world with my own eyes. I want to explore this place. I want to be happy.

I was very excited to go out with Ashly, pretty nervous too. Most likely because it's my first time going out with a person other than my mom.

I planned all the movies I'm going to watch with Ashly. I quickly got out of my bed and headed to the shower.

It's time to get ready.

About 10 minutes later I walk out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around my body. I quickly pull out a dress from my closet and some accessories to go with it.

I got dressed into something comfortable, a floral dress with spaghetti straps.

I then brush out my hair and let it dry by itself. Soon I was all done. I hurried down the stairs to the living room where I found my mom sipping on her afternoon coffee.

A small smile appeared on her face as she saw me approach her. "All done?" She asked excitedly. I nodded as a response.

Luckily I have texted Ashly to come pick me up. Momma said I should give her a text when I reach Ashly's house.