36.

J A D E N' S   P O V

I lean against the counter and take a sip out of the beer can in my hand. One of my hands was holding the can while the other was scrolling through my phone.

"Are you even paying attention to me?"

Her voice was annoying.

I roll my eyes, "No."

I could sense her staring at me but I couldn't care any less. She was a 5'4 woman with natural curly hair and brown toned skin.

She continued to say something but everything she said went through one ear and out through the other. She was boring me.

"What do you want Leah?" I turn myself around and glare at her in annoyance. She looks up at me with her deep brown eyes and pouts.

"It's Mia." She seethes.

"Whatever."

I look away once again and put my attention back to my phone. Leah stayed silent for a few minutes, or maybe she was saying something but the loud fucking music in the background muffled her voice.

"Do you actually not remember me or are you pretending like you don't?"

"You're the girl from last night who was begging to be fucked." I reply, she was starting to make my head hurt. She needs to take the damn hints and leave cause I am for sure not interested in her annoying ass.

She was the type of girl who would take off her panties for any man who she finds attractive doesn't matter if she had just met them. The only reason why I even talked to her was cause I was drunk and frustrated.

"Wow... I for real thought you were different." The girl's voice became a bit shaky.

"You thought wrong," I say, making her go quiet.

Peace, finally.

I see her wipe the nonexistent tear from her eyes and walk away from me.

Do you not feel bad?

I do, but for myself. I'm slowly becoming the Jaden everyone always hated.

"Who was that?" Chase randomly pops up out of nowhere as I chug down the rest of the beer, leaving the can empty.

I wipe my mouth with my arm and slip my phone inside my pocket before turning toward him.

"Just another fling," I shrug.

Chase narrowed his eyes at me and shook his head in disappointment. "I wonder when you'll stop breaking these girls' hearts."

How did I break their hearts if I never even had them?

"What an asshole." He mutters jokingly as I scoff.

Like he's any better.

"You aren't a complete saint either," I send him a smug smile. Chase chuckles before nodding his head.

"Better than you though."

"When did you get here? I thought you were going out of Manhattan to see Pedro." He raises a brow.  I was supposed to go get new supplies for my men but the date changed due to one of Pedro's brothers getting shot by his rival gang.

"Change in plan, I guess," I say.

"Another one?" He asks as the bartender hands me another can of beer. Calm down, I've only had one so far.

"I just got here like 10 minutes ago," I answer making him narrow his eyes in suspicion.

In the corner of my eyes, I see a group of girls staring at me with awe. The one in the middle was fluttering her fake lashes at me. I ignore them and go back to my conversation with Chase.