32.

I froze for a second, completely baffled.

He sat right in front of me, his eyes holding a strong emotion while his face on the other hand holding none.

I felt like someone had just poured a bucket of cold water on my head. So many emotions hit me all at once. How am I supposed to react to this situation? I had so many things I wanted to tell, I had so many things I wanted to do.

I felt like my breath got stuck in my throat. No words were uttered between the two of us. We both were shocked to see each other.

I remember the first time when I saw him in my room, staring at me with awe. Staring at me as if he had never seen a girl before.

I felt tears well up in my eyes, but why?

Keep it calm Lily.

"Good mornings, si- sir," I said, breaking the silence between us. I wanted to scream at him for playing with my heart, I wanted to yell. I wanted to let all the buried anger out of my chest, but I knew I couldn't do that. Not right now at least.

"Lily-"

"I'd like to be called ms. Grant, thank you." I cut him off. The way he says my name would always bring butterflies to my stomach, but now all it does is remind me of what he did to me.

He broke my heart into thousands of pieces and I don't think it can be fixed again.

Jaden's facial expression stayed the same but his eyes were filled with hurt. I place my bag on his desk before pulling out all the informative papers. My eyes stayed on the floor, trying their best not to make any eye contact with this man, while Jaden's eyes stayed put on me.

Though I was mad at him, deep down I really wanted him to apologize. I wanted him to tell me that all this was a misunderstanding. I wanted him to pull me to his chest and let me cry out loud.

I put the papers in front of him, his fingers brushed against my skin as he took them into his hands. A strong feeling formed in my stomach, a feeling I didn't feel for ages.

"Good morning, Ms. Grant." I felt my heart clench at his words. His voice is so soothing to the ear, deep and raspy. It'd bring any girl down to her knees.

While I stood there, staring at him, he waited for a reply. His eyes were digging wholes through my body and I was so captivated by it.

"Good morning," I felt my voice become soft all of a sudden. Jaden finally took his eyes off of me, letting me breathe properly.

He took the papers into his hand and started to examine them. His eyes scanned over the inked paper and flipped through the pages.

Jaden looked the same, maybe a bit more grown. He was sitting down, yet he still looked so much taller than me. His handsome face was decorated with beautiful green eyes, a straight Dutch nose, an angular set of sharp jaws, and plump lips.

His hair was a dark shade of brown, it complimented his face eagerly. It was short but long enough to brush over his forehead and eyes. He had the looks of an angel and the personality of a devil.

Does he realize how much he has hurt me?

I stared at him, glared actually. He acted as if none of this bothered him, but we both know how much it really did.