29.

3RD P E R S O N P O V
10 years ago-

"W H A T are you doing?" The little girl sniffled, watching him climb up the steep hill.

"Trying to get something!" He yelled so that Lily could hear him from up there.

With a little bit of hard work and a little bit of sweat dripping down the eight-year-old's chin, he finally got to the top of the hill, almost tripping over on the process.

Lily stared at the boy in utter disbelief, she had never seen a person climb up this high. Jaden smirked at his success when he reached his destination, which was a little plant, holding up a red rose.

Lily watched the boy climb back down with her wide eyes. She was afraid he'd fall or get hurt, but that's something she shouldn't be afraid of. It was only five minutes ago when Jaden pulled her pigtails down, saying how bad it made her look.

Her eyes dried out by the time Jaden got down from the hill, with a beautiful rose in his hand, which she thought was the prettiest thing she had ever seen. Her eyes shone with delight, but suddenly diminished when she heard a small painful groan from the boy.

She didn't waste any time before running out towards Jaden, not caring about the fact that she didn't like him one bit.

A frown fell on Lily's face when she saw the red scratch mark on his newly bruised knee. "Why did you go up the hill? I knew you'd get hurt!" She whined. Jaden shook his head and attempted to stand up, but to no avail.

Lily bend down and placed a small feather kiss on the side of his knee, trying to make him feel better. She had seen her mom do this same exact thing number of times whenever she got hurt. It made Lily feel quite better, and she expected Jaden to feel better too.

The boy was astonished by the little action. "What was that for?" He half-whispered and half yelled. He didn't expect something like this from someone, especially Lily, the girl who barely even makes any eye contact when talking.

"My mom does it when I get hurt," she said timidly. Lillian fluttered her eyes down, feeling a bit intimidated by Jaden.

"It's yucky! You aren't supposed to kiss knees!"

"Then where are you supposed to kiss?" Lily asked curiously. Jaden raised one of his brows at her. A sneaky grin appeared on his face as he brings his hand to the little girl's chin and then his index finger to her naturally plump lips.

"On the lips."

The young Lily's eyes widened when he said that. "Ew! Never—" she screamed in disgust before jumping to her feet, and flapping her arms around with pure... ew-ness- feeling.

Jaden stared at her in amusement, holding in a laugh. Lily paused when she caught Jaden laughing at her. "You're weird." Jaden chuckled.

Lillian shifted her position and blushed. Even she felt a bit funny. They both giggled, maybe for the first time ever, together.

Jaden stood up to his feet and ran right out of the field, leaving Lily behind. "Hey! Don't leave me!" She ran through the tall grass, following Jaden out of the green meadow.

"You're just so slow." Jaden chuckled.

"I'm not slow, you're just too fast!"