44.

F R I D A Y

I stood in front of a mirror, my eyes wide as I stare at myself.

I couldn't even recognize myself for a second. I was starting to feel like Shay had magic on her hands, from the way she dressed me to the way she applied makeup on me was top notched.

I hesitate, maybe I'll ruin the dress if I touch it. But after a few seconds, I couldn't help but run my fingers through the delicate fabric of my dress.

It felt tight around my chest but then looking in the mirror, I felt like it looked just perfect on me. The dress was big, puffy and just so pretty, thin straps and lace details with a bit of sparkle all over.

It was dark blue, maybe even black but I couldn't really tell because sometimes it looked black and sometimes it looked navy blue.

(i tried looking for a dress that would suit the vibes but unfortunately couldn't find one that fits the description, so you guys can imagine it the way you want:)

I don't know if this is too much or not, but I was sure it was expensive.

The only excuse was that it was a ball. A ball where there are more billionaires than normal people like me. What can we even say, it's a McMillan party after all.

I added a small diamond necklace along with big bulky earrings which wear too heavy for me. But as they say, beauty is pain.

My heels were long, probably made me looked about four inches taller than I actually am. They were navy blue, matching with the outfit with lace strings tied up my legs.

For makeup Shay drew a long double wing on my lids and thick mascara on my lashes, making them look ten times more noticeable than they actually are. I was wearing concealer but no foundation since it makes my face look too caky.

She added some liquid blush on my cheeks but then ran a powdered blush over them afterwards. My lips were painted nude that was more on the pinker side.

My hair was part through the middle and slicked behind my ears. At the end were some visible carls which intensified my look.

Behind me was Shay, fixing her dress.

I turn around with awe as my eyes runs over her gown. It was a bright red dress with puffy sleeves and ruffles at the bottom. It really did make her dark skin pop out. She tied are curly hair into a low bun and did a smoky eye look.

She looked absolutely gorgeous.

"You look great," I smile at her.

"Just like you," she replied with a grin.

"Okay now, come on the limo is outside!" She exclaimed with excitement.

I scrunched my brows in confusion, how are we able to afford a whole limousine?

"Limo?" I raise a brow.

She look back up from her phone and stretched her arm out to me with her phone on her hand. I stare at the screen for a second.

Woah.

"Mr. McMillan sent a limo to pick up everyone! How rich do you have to be for all that? I'm like, like so damn excited omg."

Now, even I was starting to ease up a little bit. It's not gonna be that bad,

or at least, I hope it won't.

-

"Why are they staring at us like that?" I ask.

As soon as we reached the ball everyone's eyes fell on us. It's like we were some aliens with two horns in our head. It just made me feel even more anxious than I already was.