PROLOGUE: THE BEGINNING

06.02.2021, 7:00 p.m.

Ashley's P.O.V:

I had worked from house to house as a maid for 4 years and I continue it. I was bought and sold by many people. But I cannot find the house in which I will stay more than a year. I am searching on the internet some job offers for maids. And I finally find a webside on which there are lots of offers like those. I am scrolling through them but I cannot see any special ones. But then one job offer catches my eye.

I am a business man with a wife and we are looking for help with taking care of the kids and the house. 

Start date: 08.02.2021

Monthly salary: 2000 canadian dollars

Shifts: 8:00 a.m. to 4 p.m. (there may be longer or shorter shifts)

Days off: Tuesday, Thursday, Sunday

This seems interesting. I decide to contact this guy. His name is Shawn Mendes. 

"Hello, Shawn Mendes here"

"Hello, I'm Ashley Parker and I'm calling because I saw your job offer and I wanted to ask if it is still avaiable?"

"Of course it it. The trial day may be tomorrow if you would like to come, show us the referrences and meet my wife, kids and me of course"

"Alright then. Could you give me your address and which time should I be there tomorrow?"

"My address is Island Street 88 in Toronto and be here at 10 am. Is that okay?"

"Yeah, sure, see you then"

---
7:00 a.m.

I wake up early the next morning. I have a job interview with Mr Mendes and a trial day. I hope I will get the job. I am tired of sitting at home and just lying on the bed, watching tv and eating fast food. I need to work. Not only for fun, but also for money.

The thing is that I am all alone. I ran from home when I was at age of 19 from my alcoholic father and d*ug addicted mother. And here I am. Age 25, a maid. What could go wrong?

I head to the bathroom. I am brushing my teeth, washing my face, brushing my hair and changing pyjama into elegant clothes. I am wondering how Mr Mendes looks like, his wife and kids also. Are they nice or not or if really old or young.

---
10:00 a.m.

So I am standing in front of Mendes' villa. Woah, it looks brilliant and it is huge. I ring on the doorbell and a guy around his 30's opens the door. It must be him.

"You must be Ashley, right?"

"Yes, sir"

"Please come in"

"Thanks"

I go first and he goes after me. My eye can see him looking at my b*tt, but maybe I get it wrong. I don't know...

"So this is my wife, Camila. (A/N, sorry Camila I didn't have an idea for other name)" He points to a short woman with also short but curly hair. "And these are my kids: Peter and Emily" He points to a small boy and a smaller girl.

They are the perfect family. The one I didn't have...

"May I have your references, miss?" Ms Mendes asks.

"Yes, of course. Here you are" I say, handing her a piece of paper with my references"

We have a long job interview and then they decide to hire me here.

This is the best day in my life!