CHAPTER TWO: "THANK YOU ASHLEY"

08.02.2021, 2:15 p.m.

Ashley's P.O.V:

I am so happy! I got this job! I am also so excited. Peter and Emily are the best kids I have ever met in my life. Mr Mendes is also the kindest person I have ever met, but Mrs Mendes... well... She's really mean I mean she thinks that I will go to bed and f*ck with her husband but it is not true. Well, I need to be used to it.

Anyways, I am taking kids from the preschool and we go back home.

"Can we have McDonald's, please?" Emily asks me with puupy eyes.

"I'm sorry sweetheart, but home-made food is waiting for you"

Kids look dissatisfied.

"But you do not like my food?"

"We already love but we are tired of eating home-made things all the time"

"If you eat the dinner, I will call your papa and ask if we can go order some food"

"Okay!" Both Peter and Emily yell and head to the house.

Kids go to their room. Peter does some homework and Emily is playing with her dolls while I am preparing the rest of the dinner.

"Ashie-pie?" Peter is calling me. He starts to calling me by nicknames but I do not mind it at all.

"Yes, Petey?" I ask.

"Would you mind coming here and help me with my homework?"

"Of course, give me a second" I head to Emily's room.

"Emily, are you hungry?" I ask sweetly.

"Not yet, why?" She looks at me.

"I need to help Peter with homework so telling you this if you will be hungry and you won't find me. If you need me, just call me, okay?"

"Okay" She smiles and I head to Peter's room.

"I'm here. Tell me which problem you have to solve"

"Portuguese. I don't understand this language at all"

"But your dad speaks this language-"

"I know and he wanted me to learn this language but it was difficult for me so he decided to try later, but my mom told me that I MUST learn this language and I have to study it all the time instead of having fun as a small kid"

Mrs Mendes is like a dictator or something. I hate that kind of people.

"Don't worry, I will help you with this" I say.

"You know Portuguese?"

"Yes, my father was born in Mexico but his family moved to Brasil when he was a child"

"Could you help me then?"

"Of course. Show me what you have"

"I need to translate those"

He shows me some sentences. (A/N: Portuguese readers - I am so sorry for any possibly mistakes but my teacher has learned me like that so)

Empresta-me o lápis? - (translation: Can you lend me the pencil?)

O aluno é esperto. - (translation: The student is smart.)

Os alunos são espertos. - (translation: The students are smart.)

Ela contou-me uma história interessante. - (translation: She told an interesting story.)

A menina tem uns olhos bonitos. - (translation: The girl has beautiful eyes.)

"They are really easy, if you have a dictionary in your book, you won't have a problem with this. If you don't have the exact one word, don't hesistate if you need my help"

"Thank you Ashley" Peter hugs me and I hug him back.

"Hey! I wanna a hug too!" Emily yells, standing in front of us.

"Can we eat then?" Peter asks.

"Of course! So Peter go and end those sentences, if you need help, just call me and then you can go and eat. And Emily, go with me and I will give you a plate of spaghetti"

"With orange juice?" Emily looks at me.

"Of course, sweetheart" I say and I take her hand and we head to the kitchen.

After some minutes Peter comes and eats with Emily and me.

---

I hear someone is opening the door while we end our dinner. It must be Mr Mendes and I'm right.

"Hello everyone!" Mr Mendes yells when he comes to the house.

"Hello Mr Mendes. I made kids the dinner and helped them with homework and I also made dinner for you"

"It is nice from you but you didn't have to"

"But I wanted to" I smile and he smiles back.

I give him a plate of a spaghetti.

"Mmm, you cook better than my own wife" He says and I blush.

At least someone (except for kids of course) is satisfied with my work.