CHAPTER FOUR: "HE'S MY SON"

10.02.2021

Ashley's P.O.V:

Today, I'm back to work at Mendes' house. But I can't stop thinking about what happened yesterday at the supermarket. I wonder if this boy is gonna be at my boss' house. 

And when I enter the house, I hear a huge quarrel between Mr Mendes and his wife.  They must be arguing about Shawn. 

"HOW COME YOU CHEATED ON ME!?"

"IT WAS A MISTAKE BUT I DON'T REGRET IT-"

"WHAT? WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU DON'T REGRET IT?-''

Then they see me.

"Oh hello Ms Parker, please do come in. We are waiting for you" Mrs Mendes says to me and I just nod. Then she pass by Mr Mendes, whispering. "And we will talk about that later"

"Is everything alright, boss?"

"Not now Ashley, please not now" He leaves the living room.

"Alright" I mumble and leave the living room and head to the kitchen to prepare some food for them and kids.

Then I hear the door bell. I open it and see the little boy who I saw yesterday with Mr Mendes in a supermarket. And a woman. Is it his mom or what?

"Hello, I'm here to see my daddy" The little boy smiles.

"Raul? What are you doing here? And with a suitcase?" Mr Mendes comes out of nowhere.

I'm confused now. What is going on here?

Then Mr Mendes turns to this woman. "Emma? What are you doing here with Raul? I told you to not come here"

"He needs to live with his dad"

Ha, I knew it!

"Wait- what? I do not agree! Camila won't agree too"

"But I cannot take care of Raul anymore"

I look at this little boy. His mom tried to keep him safe, healthy and clean but she didn't do that. It makes me sad.

"Mommy, I am so hungry" This little boy says.

I knee down to face him. "Hey little one, let's get some food, okay?"

"Okay" He smiles and while we are heading to the kitchen, I hear someone slams the door and then I see this woman from the kitchen window. So this boy is staying home.

I make him some sandwiches and juice. I hand it to him, saying. "Here you are"

"Thank you. And I'm Raul" He gives me his hand and I shake it.

"I'm Ashley, nice to meet you"

Then Mrs Mendes comes to the kitchen and yells. "Shawn! What is this bastard doing in my house!?"

"Don't call him like that! He's my son!" Mendes yells.

"Oh yeah!? You know what? Emily and Peter aren't yours!" Mrs Mendes yells and both Shawn and I get shocked.

"What did you say?" 

"Nothing"

"Tell me the truth Camila!"

"Oh okay! I cheated on you with Matt"

"Twice?"

"I'm sorry Shawn, I-"

"How could you do this to me?"

"And you? You cheated on me during our marriage with some older woman and you got her pregnant!"

"It was a mistake. I was drunk. But you are the one who cheated first"

Woah.

Then they both leave the house but go to the different ways.

I don't know what to think about that...