CHAPTER SEVEN: WHOSE BABY?

WARNINGS: ABORTION MENTION, RAPE MENTION

16.02.2021

Ashley's P.O.V:

I didn't have to go to work yesterday but I have to go today, but I'm totally okay with that. Of course at the beggining of yesterday Dante and I got in a quarrel and he told me the whole truth. That he cheated on me. I kicked him out of my house and I spent yesterday, crying. But now I'm okay. I had some time to think about my now fake relationship with Dante. How could I be that stupid that I didn't see that he was lying all the time. But never mind now.

I head to Mendes' house. I see some suitcases in front of the house. Are Mr Mendes and his family going on vacation? Or they are moving out? Weird. I come in to the house and I see Mrs Mendes and Emily with Peter. Is Mr Mendes divorcing with his wife? Probably. And I totally understand him. She lied to him.

"Hello Mr Mendes, mind if I ask what is going on here?" I ask.

"Oh hello Ashley, they are moving out because I am getting divorced with Camila"

"Oh, I am sorry- I shouldn't have asked"

"No, don't be sorry, it's okay, you should have known the truth"

"Alright, then what is my to-do list for today?"

"Actually, I invited you here because I wanted to take you for a dinner"

My eyes and mouth are open wide now. My boss invites me for a dinner? Impossible.

"Me?" I am really shocked.

"It's okay if you don't want, but I just wanted to talk and you are a great listener"

"No- I mean- I would like to go. But what about Raul?"

"My friend is taking care of him now"

"Alright, then let's go"

We head to an Italian restaurant. We eat delicious food, we talk about our problems and we get drunk. Like really drunk. 

And then I forget everything...

---

17.02.2021

I wake up in not known place. I am competely naked. What is going on? Where I am and how did I get here? Was I r*ped? I feel someone is laying next to me, I turn to face this person and I see MR MENDES!?

Then he looks at me. We are both shocked. Did I have s*x with my own boss?

"Um- we-"

"Yeah, I think. I am so sorry, it shouldn't have happened, I'm your boss, you're my employee" He says.

I quickly take my clothes from the floor and leave, saying quickly: "Goodbye, Mr Mendes"

I hear him saying: "Please call me Shawn" but I don't react to that and just leave his house.

---

The beggining of March, 2021

Ashley's P.O.V:

I have been feeling not well recently. I have missed my  period,  smell sensitivity, morning sickness, mood swings, breast change and raised body temperature. Am I sick or what? Or am I pregnant, because I have most of the symptoms which shows women that they are having a baby. 

I hope it isn't pregnancy, because I am only a month here at Mendes' house, working and I don't want to lose a job. If I lost a job, how would I take care of my child. I will be a single mother. But I don't want to be a mother now. And I don't want to me a mother forever. Why? The answer is simple: I was pregnant because of r*pe and my mental health is not good enough, because I kept the baby, because I couldn't abort it but the baby was not healthy and it died during birth. And nearly I died too.

I decide to take some tests. And they all are positive. But the real question now is - is it Dante's baby or Mr Mendes- I mean Shawn's baby?