EPILOGUE

05.04.2021

Ashley's P.O.V:

Luke leaves me to my thoughts, having just told me that nothing will bring Raul back. My son was dead, Raul was gone.

I informed my parents that Raul has passed away.

"I’m so sorry, honey," My mom hugs me tightly.

"It will all get better in time, hun." My father says, patting my shoulder.

I don't think so...

---

The funeral is the worst part. When I arrive there with Luke and my parents and when the funeral is going on, Shawn is crying through the whole thing, standing alone and Emma, who is on sobbing at the loss of their child.

I feel competely empty without Raul. He was like a piece of me. He was the reason I was happy every day.

As I watch the rest of the funeral, I keep holding a teddy bear which Raul gave me when I was sad. It was for a luck.

My eyes open from the memory, and for a split second I see him, being there next to me. But then reality hits and I realize it won't happen.  I shut my eyes again, praying for it to be just a dream, but it's f*cking reality and nobody will change it.

After funeral I go back home. And when I get there, I tell Luke that I need some rest and he understands it. I go to the bedroom, I lie on the bed and cry until I fall asleep, holding the teddy bear as if it is Raul...

---
A year later...

I go to the cemetery where Raul's grave is. I haven't been there for few months cause I was too mentally and physically broken. Also Luke and I decided to get married and right now I'm expecting his child.

When I get there, I see Shawn is also there. I want to wait patiently in the car with Luke because I do not want him to see me but unfortunately he sees me and I need to face him.

"Hi Ashley, nice to see you, you're more beautiful than before" It's hard to see him and hear him for after a year.

"Yeah, how's life?" I just ask to be nice.

"Well, I have a disease that it's terminal" His words froze me. He's dying... "But I deserve it"

"No, don't say that"

"Anyways, I see you're gonna be a momma" He looks at my super huge belly.

"Yeah, I'm just 6 months along and carrying one baby - a girl, but my belly is HUGE" I say, rubbing my belly and then I feel a kick. What an amazing feeling!

"Congratulations" He smiles but I show no emotion.

"Well, I gotta go-"

"Wait, before you leave, I want you to know that if you need work after some time, you can always work at mine"

"Mhm" And with that I leave.

I look back to see Shawn in the pouring rain with no jacket, no umbrella. He falls to his knees.

It looks like I was just a maid for him...