CHAPTER EIGHTEEN: MOM!?

25.05.2021

Ashley's P.O.V:

I am so excited for today, cause it's Raul's fifth birthday and we are celebrating it in Shawn and I's house in Miami, not in Toronto. Yeah, we have just moved to another place cause I wanted to forgot about my past. I don't want to come back to this f*cking time. No way!

Anyways, I also want to start working as a lawyer finally. I want to build my own law firm because I want to be independent. But the worst thing is that I haven't talked with Shawn about that. I don't know how he will react.

"Shawn, can I talk to you for a second?"

"Of course, what's up?"

"Actually I wanted to tell that I would like to-" A doorbell interrups me.

"Are Antonio and Alessandra already here?"

"I don't think so, I am sure they are still in California City"

Yes, my dad and Alessandra, whom I call my 'mom' now moved to California City, leaving my step brother in Italy.

Raul's party is in the evening and mama and papa are now flying here so no way it's them.

"I'm coming" I say. I decide to answer the door.

I open the door and I cannot believe my eyes.

It's my biological mom and my step father. Oh my God...

"What are you doing here? How did you find me?"

"You won't greet nicer your mother, huh?" I bet she's drunk.

"You are drunk again" I roll my eyes.

"No, I'm not. I came here to visit my grandson because of his birthday" She is nearly falling all the time and she's telling me she is not drunk.

Ha. Ha. Very funny.

"Could you please leave?" I ask nicely.

"What did you say?" I see my mom is getting angry, she is always like that when she is drunk.

"I just asked nicely if you could leave my house. Raul isn't your grandson and you are not on the guest list. And I don't treat and won't treat you as my mother, cause you are just an alcoholic and d*ug dealer and cold-hearted!" I yell.

Woah, I can not believe that I said what I thought of my mother to her. I am so proud of myself now.

"You f*cking b*tch, I hope you will d*e soon!" She yells back and leaves. I slam the door.

She wants me to d*e, what a f*cking b*tch. I hate her so much. I break with tears. 

Why did it have to be me? Why did I have to have a mother like that?

"Ashley? Is everything alright? Why are you crying?"

"M-my m-mom w-was h-here"

"What? Your mom?"

"Yeah, she wanted me to d*e"

"SHE WHAT?"

And then Raul comes to me.

"Momma?"

"Yes, bubba?"

"Why you crying? It's my birthday, you cannot be sad"

"I'm sorry baby, I promise I'll be okay, just gimme a sec"

"Alright, please smile. I hate seeing you sad"

This kid knows how to make my smile.